I began researching double strollers from about the time I found out I was pregnant with Sophie. I'm only now getting around to buying one. I'd like to think that it took me so long because of time-consuming extensive research. But that's not the case. The truth is, I procrastinated buying one. Now, after hauling Sophie around in our old stroller and having Lili hold my hand in public settings, I've come to the realization that Lili will never willingly get back into a stroller and sit there contently (like she used to pre-Sophie). So the stroller that I had planned on getting seems (realistically) to be wishful thinking. Today, in desperation (trip to the zoo tomorrow), I checked out these Sit-and-Ride strollers I've seen around (so much for months of extensive research). It has the option of Lili sitting on a little bench in the back or standing up on a little platform. Hmm...I hope that these options will allow Lili to feel "in control" of the situation which seems to be very important to her at this stage of her life. This picture is the color I got, it's a Joovy. I'm crossing my fingers that Lili won't just jump off it and run away.....laughing at my naivety as she disappears out of sight.
May 14, 2007
Feeling Joovy
I began researching double strollers from about the time I found out I was pregnant with Sophie. I'm only now getting around to buying one. I'd like to think that it took me so long because of time-consuming extensive research. But that's not the case. The truth is, I procrastinated buying one. Now, after hauling Sophie around in our old stroller and having Lili hold my hand in public settings, I've come to the realization that Lili will never willingly get back into a stroller and sit there contently (like she used to pre-Sophie). So the stroller that I had planned on getting seems (realistically) to be wishful thinking. Today, in desperation (trip to the zoo tomorrow), I checked out these Sit-and-Ride strollers I've seen around (so much for months of extensive research). It has the option of Lili sitting on a little bench in the back or standing up on a little platform. Hmm...I hope that these options will allow Lili to feel "in control" of the situation which seems to be very important to her at this stage of her life. This picture is the color I got, it's a Joovy. I'm crossing my fingers that Lili won't just jump off it and run away.....laughing at my naivety as she disappears out of sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish you could have seen those moms at the Park des chutes de La Chaudiere,yesterday . There were about 30 to 35 young moms pushing 30 to 35 strollers with 40 to 45 happy babies in them! It was a " get back into shape after you have a baby "class . They had an instructor who kept them busy exercising WITH THEIR STROLLER.Then you could have interviewed them to see which strollers are the best ! Love you , mom
Veronica-
I purchased a Sit-N-Stand by baby trend when we had Isaac. So far, I am loving it. It is a little bit long, so I sometimes feel like I'm a bus driver, but it is totally worth it. Elijah loves it, and he will actually stay on it most of the time. Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.
Post a Comment