June 11, 2007

The GREAT Outdoors

This weekend we headed up to Island Park, Idaho to stay with my side of the family in my sister-in-laws cabin. It was a beautiful location right on the Snake River. It had docks to fish from, bunnies to chase, and was only a short drive away from Yellowstone. We spent the evenings roasting marshmallows, playing games, and watching shows. Saturday we went into Yellowstone. Lili loved the "hot pops" (hot pots), the Chick-a-Munks, buffaloes, and hiking to "Lily Pad Lake". Sophie caused a stir wherever she went. She even had Japanese tourists snap shots of her. (Sigh...it's so hard being cute). Yellowstone is beautiful. We had a great time. We didn't see any bears :( but we did see plenty of Buffalo, deer (or elk), coyotes (or fox), and of course, tourists.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

That looks like so much fun!! One of my favorite things is definitely sitting by a fire. I love the pictures of the hot pots. I would love to see those some day.

Anonymous said...

Sporty!

Chereebee said...

HOw fun!!! I love all the pictures! And I too would be taking pictures of your girls if I saw them too :)

Camille said...

We had lots and lots of fun with our cousins. You are a professional camera woman. Everything went great, even if your cookies weren't as good looking as mine.