My Anniversary....Christmas...
My Birthday....
The Day I Get My Braces Off....
Season Premier of 24 or The Office....
The Annual Home Show!
.
What do these things have in common? They are all things that I look forward to with great anticipation and excitement. Every year (that we've been around) Rich and I get tickets to the local home show. There is just something about walking around a nice house, nicely decorated, with all the newest and neatest technology and decor...I love it!! (Note: I'm an indecisive person when it comes to well, pretty much everything, and especially decorating-so I need all the help I can get) This year the home show took on an even greater significance (since we know that we are going to build a house in the near future).
.
However, I have been slightly disappointed this year with the homes. There are too many "realistic" homes this year. Don't get me wrong, we will definitely be building a "realistic" house, (not like the grandiose houses they normally have in home shows) but I (and Rich) would rather go through a really cool house and pick out, say, one or two ideas to add to my "Dream Home" list then go through a more run-of-the-mill house and come away with no new ideas. Does that make sense? It's still fun. But not the same. We did, however, see some things that we liked (and a lot we didn't like, like the flash-back to the 70's carpet).
.
Namely:
*A sink in the basement mini-kitchen that on one side has a lid that comes down and it is a mini-dishwasher. Ingenious!
*Book cases that are really secret doors! How fun would that be for kids?
*A bonus room/play room with a real stage on one end equipped with velvet curtains-for the thespian child!
*Looks like a cupboard, but you push on it and it's the pantry!
*Really thick doorways with pretty mosaic tiling in them.
*Showers that have a computerized temperature thingy and tons of shower heads. Be still my heart!
.
OK, I can't think of any more. We still have some really neat houses to see (we saved the best for last) so I'll blog about it if I see anything else worth blogging about.
.
Question: If you were to build a house, what would be something you would for sure want to include? (i.e. laundry on main level, sink in washing room, drinking fountain, etc..)
5 comments:
I would love to discuss more of these houses with you, except I wouldn't know what I would be talking about since I wasn't invited to go this year.....
oh so fun!!! I love going to home shows! I grew up going to them with my mom and dad. So I'll have to think and get back to you on the fun house ideas :)
Il y a quelques semaines j'ai vu dans un magazine IKEA une idée que je trouve géniale. Les gens avaient une maison avec un étage et dans la salle de bain du haut ils avaient un "vide-linge sale", c'est comme un vide ordure mais pour le linge sale. Les gens mettaient leur linge sale dedans et le linge tombait directement dane le panier à linge sale dans la buanderie à coté de la machine à laver!! ils n'avaient plus de problèmes de vêtements sales qui trainent.
je vous embrasse
I love your blog - please keep it up!
I have always wanted to have secret passageway and/or a secret door. - AND -
A drinking fountain. - AND -
A seperate garage with a passageway (with lots of windows) from the house to the passage way.
- AND -
A den with a mini library with lots of books.
Post a Comment