July 28, 2007

Where Do These People Come From!?

.


We went on a family outing to Lagoon this week. After a few episodes of Lili kicking, crying, and screaming at the top of her lungs when we tried to get her to go on rides (and people looking at us like we were child abusers), she finally bucked up, swallowed her fears, and ended up having a ton of fun. After all, it's what fun is. (I had to add that in, it's on the commercials :))

Every time I go to Lagoon I have to wonder....Where in the Sam Blazes do these weirdos come from? I mean, Lagoon (and probably most amusement parks) is like a magnet for kooky and crazy people. It's a people-watchers paradise. There are the 75 year old women walking around in bikini tops and short cut-off shorts, the weird boogely-eyed guys in the line for the ride that reek of alcohol and are standing WAY to close to you, the white boy want-a-be gangsters and their 12 year old girlfriends (that need to be wearing a lot more clothing) giggling and swearing in the food line in front of your innocent two year old daughter, the Churro-induced hyper kids, hopped up on sugar, kicking the back of your feet in line and trying to elbow their way in front of you.

Oh!! But let's not forget the slightly heat-exhausted parents strapping their scared two year old daughter into a ride while she screams in protest because they spent 20 bucks to get in and by- golly she's going to have fun!

Weirdos.

4 comments:

Chereebee said...

Veronica you are hilarious!!!
I totally argee with amusement parks being weirdo magnets- I love looking at all the crazies!!!
Way to go Lili for going on rides!!
Glad you guys had a fun time :)

Anonymous said...

ha ha, so true! you watch out though, some of those people may be reading your blog and will come after you.

I don't know how you keep up on your blog so well! I log on and there are so many new entries to entertain me. Good work!

Libby said...

Lagoon is so gross, I try to limit my visits to once a year. When I'm there it is pretty hilarious though!

Bullard Family said...

So true. I grew up in Farmington area. I always begged my mom for a season pass which she never gave into thankfully. Where do all those people come from???? I am always amazed when we leave we don't come down with some crazy disease!!!
Andrea