We were all very excited that the Nestman family was in town from Iowa and we were able to get together yesterday. Jack is only a few months younger then Lili and Charlie is only a few days younger then Sophie. They were in our playgroup in Iowa. We met up at a park and had a picnic lunch. Emily and I chatted while the kids played and the babies ate handfuls of Cheerios. Jack was a doll! He was wearing his "crocs" (as he calls them) and sporting a Superman cape (the cutest thing I've ever seen). Charlie has the BLUEST eyes-so pretty (I mean handsome). Emily is darling, of course, and it was fun to spend the afternoon together. I tried to snap some photos of the kids...(and if I wasn't so lazy I'd scan in some old pictures of Lili and Jack when they were babies)...but they were too excited to play. Of course there was no one there to take a picture of me and Emily, well technically I guess I could have taken it, but oh well! So this is all I got.

Jack (not wanting to hold Lili's hand) and Lili (she's a big hand-holder)
Sophie and Charlie
Of course the play date wouldn't be complete without the usual tantrum at the end where Lili insists that she needs to go home with the other child to Iowa. :) Lovely.
3 comments:
YEA!! I am so glad you got to see Emily!! What a cute bunch of kids..I love that Lily loves to hold hands..how sweet..I miss those playgroup days!
Cute pics, Veronica...we really should have tried to get a group shot! It was so fun to see you and your darling girls. Jack kept asking if Lili could come back to Iowa on the airplane with us!
That is so fun that you guys got together!! I too miss our play group days. We definitely miss you guys!!
Post a Comment