August 22, 2007

Yes, yes I am Wonder Woman

.
For those of you who "happened" to drive by my house today and were wondering....
.
No, it wasn't Wonder Woman you saw out front.
.
If you were to take off your shades, your floppy hat, your thick black glasses with the large nose and black mustache, pull down your trench coat collar, and roll down your heavily tinted window, you would have seen that it was just me...
.
However, I can see why you'd think that. No, not because I was wearing her outfit.
.
Today my sister came to visit with her three munchkins. Our plan was to go to Target for some quality sister time and some shopping. To our utter disappointment, however, when we went to go, her car would not start. Not a peep.
.
I called Rich...he said it was either the battery or the alternator. We took our chances that it was the battery. I wrangled up some jumper cables from a neighbor (Rich, we've better get some of our own), PUSHED my sisters Jeep GRAND Cherokee out of the driveway so it could go nose to nose with my own car (my muscles were bulging), and jumped her vehicle. (Disclaimer: While Rich told me how to do it over the phone) Annnnndddd.....It worked!!! You are all thoroughly impressed, right? (I can practically hear all the she-woman gals out there scoffing at my menial task and lack of car-jumping expertise....hey, for a girl who's never mowed a lawn...and didn't even really know what a car battery looked like I'm pretty impressed with myself.)
.
So when you're in a bind, and your car won't start...not a peep...you'll know who to call...
.
WONDER WOMAN (a.k.a. me :) )

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Absolutely amazing! Where were you the day that the Coug started fire? You and your car knowledge? Now I know who to call when I'm in a jam, no, no, no, not Rob, but you.

Kelly said...

Wonder Woman to the rescue!! I'll have to agree with Kristen--I'll be call you not Zak even though he is a "car guy" by profession--I'd rather watch you do it instead!!

Betsy said...

So many times I have looked at the jumper cables in my trunk and thought, I sure hope someone knows how to use those if I ever need them, because I definitely don't. I am totally impressed. Way to go!

Camille said...

For the real story, please log into my blog, under machen family, you will read a much different account of what transpired this afternoon!

Jeanne said...

totally impressed! I can't believe you pushed a jeep?!! I like your wonder woman but I really liked She-Ra more when I was a kid. (sorry!)

danielleshupe said...

Hey , Veronica , the problem with the comments seems to have gone away ! Another trick of super wonder woman ? Thanks for the pictures of our cutest grand babies and grand kids . Love , mom