Today my little Lili turned three years old. I can't believe it's already been three years since she joined our family. To celebrate her birthday today we went shopping for some new birthday clothes, we went to see the movie "Ratatouille" (very cute! Although Lili thought the rat's name was Ratatouille and she was waiting for him to get eaten since her Grandmere eats Ratatouille-the veggie dish), and we went out to dinner. We are having a family party for her on Sunday. I'm doing a "fall" themed party...I'm pretty excited about it. I'll post some pictures.
As a tribute to my Lili here are my reasons why Lili is the cutest 3 year old in the world.
1. She has the BEST imagination! See this post. And yes, Spider still makes frequent appearances. As does her new imaginary friends "Dadez and Nadez" (???????) She can entertain herself for hours.
2. She is so sweet with other kids (example: asking them "where does it hurt?" when they get hurt, and "that's ok, your mommy coming" when they are sad). She tries to hold their hands, give them hugs, and she shares her toys.
3. She is so enthusiastic and excited about everything. "That sounds like a great idea!" is one of her favorite phrases.
4. Even if she really wants something/doesn't want to do something, she can be reasoned with, without throwing a tantrum.
5. She eats like a champ! She's not afraid to try new things. Onions, fish, mushrooms, etc....whatever I make! Even if she dry-heaves while she is eating she still swallows and takes more bites. WOW!
6. She says "merci" (thank you), "désolé" (sorry), "s'il te plait" (please), je t'aime (I love you), "pardon, désolé" (excuse me, sorry-when she burps or toots) without being asked.
7. She is my favorite shopping buddy. She never complains when I drag her around on errands.
8. She sings little songs all the time and makes up her own versions of songs.
9. She follows directions and she cleans up her toys...
10. She behaves well at church....
11. She thinks that whenever someone is crying they've "bumped their head".....
12. She can speak 2 languages...
13. She loves to help me cook...
14. She still takes good naps and she still sleeps in until 9:30-10:00 most days...
15. She loves to make Sophie laugh...
Ok, Ok, I'll stop there. I could go on and on but you get the point. Lili is a doll and I'm so glad I have the privilege of being her mom and being able to spend every day with her. She teaches me so much and makes us all so happy. I found this little clip of her when she just started walking and I thought I'd share. Time goes too fast!! I love my Lili so much!!
10 comments:
My Lili is a doll ! Can't wait to give her a big hug and to get to know her ! grand mere
They grow up too fast, huh? I love the clip of her walking- how sweet. She is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
What a sweet girl! Happy Birthday Lili!
so where can i buy a kid like that?!!
So sweet. Happy Birthday Lili!
Happy birthday Lili!!!!
She is too stinkin cute!!!
I ditto what Hayley said - where can I get a kid like that?!?!?
Wow! Can't believe she's 3! She is such a cute little girl. I love the clip - we're hoping to get ours up on her feet soon.
Happy Birthday Lilli! Too cute!
What a beautiful girl! Just like her mom!
I've always thought Lili was one of the cutest ever! Hope you guys had a fun party!
Post a Comment