September 5, 2007

I heart Lake Powell


We had a fabulous time in Lake Powell!! Wahweap is the BEST! (For all you Bull Frog fans out there) We were a little worried about taking the girls (Rich always says that Lake Powell is NOT a place for kids) but we ended up being really happy they came. Lili loved playing with her cousins, went on a few Sea Doo rides, a lot of boat rides, loved playing on the beach, and swimming in the warm water. Sophie loved to go on boat rides. She would giggle and smile the whole time. She was not fond of sleeping in the stinky hot bathroom in her port-a-crib, but was over all a trooper! Lili only fell in the water without a life jacket once, she was only fully submerged in water for about a minute. Sophie's sunburn blisters aren't oozing a weird yellow mucus anymore. Oh and the other good news is that the doctor told us the red ant bites all over both girls aren't poisonous. However, the doctor didn't know why Sophie keeps vomiting, probably a little heat-stroke.

Mom...I'm just kidding!

It was an uneventful trip (nothing to do and all day to do it) I guess that's why it was so fun.

4 comments:

danielleshupe said...

How fun ! and how cute they are ! I feel I was with you on the beaches ! can t believe it s that hot overthere , we are wearing sweaters here but ut s still beautiful . Love mom

Sarah said...

Well I am happy that you had a fabulous time! I can't wait to one day go to Lake Powell.
Anyways, what is your email? That way I can tell you what I like and you can tell me where you cute header and stuff.

Kristen said...

Love Lake Powell. Kudos too your braveness in taking the young ones. I'm totally jealous. Though I would love a trip anywhere at this point.

Jen said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! It's been way too long since we graced the waters of the legendary Powell. We must get together soon!