.

My little Sophie had her 9 month appointment today. I say my "little Sophie" because that's what she is...little! She's in the 5% for weight. The 80% for head circumference. The 35% for height. (She gets the large head from Rich's side of the family-seriously I feel like I'm going to either rip her clothes when I stick her head through the neck hole, or tear her little nose off by the time I get it over her head) The doctor seemed concerned about her low weight, especially since it was such a drop in the "normal curve". So we've been ordered to fatten her up...butter, cream, avocados, candy, cookies, doughnuts (ok, well maybe not all of those) She also told me I need to take her to a physical therapist for her "gross motor delay". Oh Sophie!! She still doesn't put any weight on her legs...let alone roll, scoot, or shimmy. If she wasn't such a laid back baby, I would be worried. She's just such a calm little gal, I just don't think she has any desire to move. We have a follow up appointment next month. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll have chunked up nicely so we don't have to go through blood tests, Xrays, and all that fun stuff.
My little Sophie had her 9 month appointment today. I say my "little Sophie" because that's what she is...little! She's in the 5% for weight. The 80% for head circumference. The 35% for height. (She gets the large head from Rich's side of the family-seriously I feel like I'm going to either rip her clothes when I stick her head through the neck hole, or tear her little nose off by the time I get it over her head) The doctor seemed concerned about her low weight, especially since it was such a drop in the "normal curve". So we've been ordered to fatten her up...butter, cream, avocados, candy, cookies, doughnuts (ok, well maybe not all of those) She also told me I need to take her to a physical therapist for her "gross motor delay". Oh Sophie!! She still doesn't put any weight on her legs...let alone roll, scoot, or shimmy. If she wasn't such a laid back baby, I would be worried. She's just such a calm little gal, I just don't think she has any desire to move. We have a follow up appointment next month. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll have chunked up nicely so we don't have to go through blood tests, Xrays, and all that fun stuff.
8 comments:
Sophie is beautiful! and she doesn't look abnormally small to me, I'm sure she will be just fine! I wish the Dr. would tell me I needed to "chunk" up!
Rich does have a huge head. It's like an orange on a toothpick.
She is adorable!! She looks so much like Rich in that picture!
"Little Sophie" is absolutely adorable- I would have never guessed she is so small. Hope all goes well with your next appointment!
Vernie--
Dont' be too concerned--all babies are different. I told you how long it took Landon to put weight on his legs--but now we won't stop running...I'm sure she'll be just fine! I love that little girl!
Don't you love those big heads? Coop is the 115% and I'm proud of it. Sophie is just as cute as can be. I agree with you, I think she is just so chill that she doesn't care to move quite yet. She'll move when she's ready to.
Sophie is such a doll. I wouldn't worry one bit. I say consider yourself lucky that she is such a good, sweet baby.
Good Luck Veronica! She really is a cutie
Post a Comment