November 6, 2007

Florida: Part II (Princess For A Day)

Meeting the Disney Princess' was the highlight of our trip to Disney World. I've been a fan of them for a long time, it was so great to see them in person.
.
Ha ha ha....No, not me, Lili.
.
At Epcot we were able to go to a "Storybook Lunch" where we able to meet and greet 5 of the Princess'. Ariel (whose hair and lipstick were WAY too red), Pocahontas, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine (who, uh-hum, needs to put on a few more layers of clothes), and of coarse Lili's favorite, Cinderella.
.
The neat thing about it was that, to Lili, these girls were REAL. They WERE the ONES that she sees in the movies she watches and in the coloring books she colors in. It was like the equivalent of me meeting 5 of my favorite celebrities. She was a bit "Star Struck" (as you can tell in the pictures) but she wasn't too shy to ask Cinderella about her fairy godmother, Jasmine about Aladdin's pet monkey, and Sleeping Beauty "why did you leave the castle to come here?" and "can you come to my house?" It was so cute it almost made me want to cry...almost.
.
We were able to meet Belle at another location, her and Lili chatted for quite some time. They talked about Halloween, Belle's love for books, and of course, the Beast. She said she'll come to our house. I'm going to hold her to it.



.


.

8 comments:

Camille said...

Wow! Elise will be so jealous. I can't wait to show her the pictures, I'm sure Elise will want the scoop from Lilia. If Elise was there she would probably ask Jasmine why she isn't dressed modestly.

Kelly said...

I want to be a princess too! Can they come to my house??

Heidi Berry said...

Those pictures almost made me want to cry too. What a sweetheart Lili is. I love it that she got to meet her idols.

Libby said...

So cute. I can't even imagine how that must have been for Lili.

Street Fam said...

Lili is a doll! What a cutie!

vanessa said...

What a fun halloween. I can't believe that Lili didn't win the costume contest. She definitely wins in my book.

Linds said...

Vern,
I am so jealous. I am sure it was so fun to see Lili meet her idols. Can you even imagine actually meeting your five favorite celebrities?

Chereebee said...

How fun that you went to florida!!!!
What precious pictures of Lili with the princesses!!!