January 6, 2008

Note To Self....

You have talents. Decorating cakes is not one of them. Leave the cake decorating to the professionals.

Case and point.

Wow!! That is one pitiful attempt at a cake (if it can even be called that)!! Can you even tell what it is supposed to be? Blocks. It's supposed to be blocks. Has anyone out there in Blog World ever used fondant? I was supposed to use that for these little gems but I was too intimiated. Oh well, at least Sophie liked it.


2 comments:

Betsy said...

I think everyone will be glad to know there is 1 thing you do not excel at =0). I always have big plans for how cute my kids cakes will be, and they always turn out mediocre at best! Happy birthday to Sophie, I love how chubby she looks in this last pic...too cute!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Veronica, you are too hard on yourself! I could tell they were blocks. Besides, they may not have turned out as nicely as you had hoped, but you sure took an amazing picture of them! By the way, Fondant is rather difficult to work with. I made it for Kate's birthday in fact. I definitely need more practice with it, but I have a recipe if you need it! Oh, and you can buy it ready-made too. Anyway, the birthday looks like it was tons of fun! You are such a wonderful mother!