January 30, 2008

Pay Day

So....I finally have something to show for my year o' bloggin'. No, no, no, I wasn't offered 1 million dollars to sell the rights to "The Wonderful Adventures of Lili Bean and Sofa Pia"...close!

Remember this post.....my first one....

"It's official...we have a blog!! I'll try to post every few days...but as Rich pointed out, I always start projects that I never finish, so we'll see how this goes."

Well, I feel that I actually started a project and something has come of it! Hooray for me!! I got this little gem in the mail today. (thank you Mr. UPS man!!!!)

(front of book)
.
.
.
.

It's my blog....a la book!

It's more then I could have even hoped for. I paid not quite $50 with shipping for 125 pages. To me, it is worth every penny. Hardcover, beautiful colors, journal for 2007? Finished!!
.
They do a great job. I highly recommend it. Can't wait to see yours!!

13 comments:

Camille said...

I rike it!

Chereebee said...

that is so awesome that you got your blog book!!! Looks like it turned out great! I'm going to get one after my 1 year mark in May :)

Linds said...

Vern,
I am truly so proud of you. Congratulations!! What a perfect journal. See when Brade asks me why I am always on this "blog thing" I can tell him I am documenting our lives. He will thank me when I hit that year mark and have a wonderful masterpeice such as yours!
thanks for the inspiration.

Linds said...

p.s. what is your photography schedule looking like for Feb? I am thinking I need to book now if you are filling up. People are talking about you. You are getting famous. I need to get penciled in the nearly full black book!

Sarah said...

AWESOME. I've been wondering what they would look like. I am getting mine in April. I think that marks a year. So do you design it ORRR...how does it work exactly?

Jill T said...

I'm so glad you posted about your book and that you love it! It looks beautiful! I'll be doing one too...eventually. Question though, did you have to spend a lot of time reformatting for the book?

Veronica Reeve said...

I guess you could put as much time into this book as you wanted. I, however, did have to do a lot reformating for the book. Everything downloads (your blog entry and corresponding pictures), and then you can pick from a bunch of different layouts for each page. The thing that took a long time was reloading all my pictures on it because they weren't high enough resolution when they were on my blog. I just worked on it a little each night for a little while. It's definetly worth the time.

Amy said...

You are the master of all craftiness. How I covet your talents and winning good looks.

Kelly said...

What a great way to preseve your memories! I really love it. I would love to hold it in my hot little hands to get a good peek! I'll have to start blogging with things more worthwhile so I can make a book too someday!!

Libby said...

I'm so glad it turned out for you. It looks great. I'll have to swing over and take a look see.

Emily said...

Veronica, that is darling. I was going to do my blog, but then just ended up summarizing 2007 into a book with photos and text and wrappeed it for Christmas, and I lOVE how it turned out! I'm totally doing it every year since I don't scrapbook...a perfect solution! Thanks for the tip so long ago!

Annie said...

Ack! That's what I'm going to have to do - reload every single picture picture. Well, yours looks beautiful, so I am reinvigorated to actually sit down and do it.

The Blog Book - a lovely, lovely alternative to scrapbooking, especially for this here non-scrapbooker.

Betsy said...

It's fun to see yours. I have been working on mine... a little at a time. I'm glad to see you are happy with it! It looks GREAT!