Dear Braces:
We crossed paths a little over a year ago.....and now our paths have split and we will be going our own seperate ways.
In reflecting on our time together, I am reminded of the pain you caused me that first month (and with each subsequent monthly tightening). I hated it then, but looking back, I realize that you were far better then any post-baby diet I could have ever done...and so, I thank you.
For the last year, I have felt like a 13 year old. But now, I realize, that if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have ever been mistaken for a 13 year old by the pimply teenage fast food worker who hit on me while driving through the drive through. Creepy....but flattering none the less....and so, I thank you.
I have been amazed at the science that is behind the whole process. Really, how DO you DO that? The wires, the elastics, it is all so amazing. And secretly, the aching pain of waking up in the morning after a night of hard core elastics, put a smile on my face. You were doing your job....and so, I thank you.
I will no longer be a member of the Adult Braces Club...but will be a proud alumna. Reaching out to other adults who are unsure about their smiles and wondering, "Am I too old?"
I wish we would have met years ago, when I WAS 13, but I never regret, not for a moment, the time we have spent together.
And so, I thank you, again, dear braces, and bid au revoir. Thank you for whipping my teeth into shape.
Love always,
Veronica
2 cool + 2 be = 4 gotten
11 comments:
Wow! That was inspiring...now where is the picture of your smile?
Yeah!! I can only imagine the excitement you feel =0)..
We want photogrpahic proof! Come on, show us your pearly whites!
I am ready to see your beautiful smile!!! Don't be modest- give the people what they want!
Pictures please! And regarding your comment on Trader Joes...they don't have them in Utah- Darn! It would be a hit, other than the fact that I guess their main profit is their wine sales, so I guess not a chance they'll come anytime soon :(
Alright, let's see that smile! Did you get pick a cool retainer? That was my favorite part.
From one alumna to another, welcome. It is good to have you. NOW SHOW US THE PICTURES!
oooh! I can't wait to see the new smile! congratulations!
Okay love the braces picture but I think I would love to see thesmile even more.
I agree with everyone else...let's see the final result!
I LOVE your blog! You are so funny!
Post a Comment