February 28, 2008

P.C.S.D.

Yes, that's right, I've officially diagnosed myself with the all too familiar "Post-Cruise Sadness Disorder". Many of you may have experienced this serious illness. Not sure? Well here are some of the more common symptoms.

P.C.S.D. Symptom Checker

After returning home from a cruise do you....

1. Sway back and forth when walking.
2. Wake up in the middle of the night with an uncontrollable hunger and find yourself going up to the attic to find a buffet.
3. Eat out at a restaurant and then just stand up and walk away....forgetting to pay.
4. Never carry cash, and get frustrated when the workers at Costco don't accept your "Sail and Sign" card.
5. Crave soft serve ice cream 24/7.
6. Cry uncontrollably as you slip your tan body into your pants and sweater.
7. Wish that were 4-6 other strangers around your dinner table that you could get to know.
8. Stay up late into the night, refusing to go to sleep until you can fold your bath towel into some kind of animal, unsuccessfully.
9. Refuse to clean the house and hope that a smiley foreigner will do it for you when you run to the store.
10. Regret not getting your hair braided by little Mexican ladies.

Yes, it's sad but true. I'm sure I'll get over it....my symptoms have slowly been decreasing. It was good times. I think it should be a requirement for everyone to go somewhere sunny and warm during the cold winter months. Hmmm.....maybe I'll write my Senator about that one.

More of our new engineer buddies, waiting to disembark from the cruise.

8 comments:

hayleyharts said...

holy crap you lucky duck! looks like you had a blast..when is it my turn to go on a vacation?!!

Heidi Berry said...

I think I am suffering from PCSD myself and I haven't even gone on a cruise! It must be because I am living vicariously through your trip. I think it is time the Reeves and the Berrys go on another trip together somewhere.

Jill T said...

I had that disorder once. I laughed at the towel comment...how DO they do that?

Chereebee said...

oh my gosh - I am so jealous!!! How fun that you go to on a cruise!!!!

Nicole said...

I too have suffered from PCSD. It is very tragic, we went on our cruise around this same time of year too, I think that intensifies the disorder. I loved your checklist, very cute

Anonymous said...

I'm suffering from the ISJINF syndrome--I'm So Jealous! It's Not Fair! Syndrome! I want to go somewhere sunny and warm too! I am REALLY feeling your pain, Veronica! No really, I am so happy for you both that you got to have such an amazing experience. I promise to write all about our Mediterranean cruise. Oh wait, when is that again? Probably Never! :)

Anonymous said...

Turly, really happy for you, Veronica!

Marcy said...

Sweet! And you even got to sport your pearly whites with your tan. Sounds like it was a great trip. Hope your two little ones did okay without you. Aren't moms the best!