March 5, 2008

Payback

Well, for about 10 days now (ever since the day we got back from our cruise) our girls have been sicker then sick.

Ha ha ha jokes on me! If I thought I could just leave them for 10 days and go relax, enjoy time with my hubbie, and come home to my sweeties without a care in the world, boy was I wrong!!

It's payback, Reeve girl's style.

Lili has been hacking up a lung since the day we got home. Fevers, ear infections (her FIRST in 3 1/2 years!), throwing up, not eating, staying up ALL night coughing...

Sophie has pneumonia (are those Pop Rocks in her lungs?), fevers, coughing, she's lethargic, unresponsive, on the brink of dehydration, throwing up her antibiotics....

We've been to the doctor 3 times in the last 10 days. Our house is what I like to call the "Pit O' Sickness".

There is no end in sight, with nothing but the thoughts of a trip to St. George next week to keep my sanity. Yes, this will certainly teach me a lesson. I'm just waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell me I've been "Punked".....we'd all have a good laugh....then I could go back to normal life. (Sigh)

13 comments:

Bree said...

So sorry the sick wave hit your house too. Seriously this year has been a bugger huh? I can't wait until spring is really here with No MORE snow..that I believe is when there will be no sickness. Hope all is well soon!

Kelly said...

Vernie
So sorry to hear that the gally wags are so sick! Hold ON! You can make it, you name is SUPER MOM! Just think palm trees and pools--ST. George, here you come!

Jill T said...

Veronica, I'm so sorry you're all sick. We just finished the exact symptoms you mentioned. NO FUN! I hope you don't get it too!

Street Fam said...

Poor girls! I hope you stay healthy. Good thing you can look forward to St. George.

Kristen said...

Tis the season to be thrown up on and staying up until all hours. Maybe if you cut your girls back to a pack a day the coughing would ease up. Just a suggestion. Call me when one of them is well and I will take that one off your hands.
Good luck!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry. Sick kids are the worst. It seems like between the lack and sleep and all around grouchiness life is very unkind.

SarahandJD said...

Veronica- I've been wanting to read your blog forever but I didn't have a way to contact you! I was so happy to get your email. This blogging has been my best form of entertainment this awful IOWA winter. I hope you all get better soon!!

Lindsey said...

I hope your girls start feeling better soon! Sick kids are no fun! When you have a minute, send me your email address so I can invite you to my blog - I finally started one. :) lindseyann_nelson@yahoo.com

hayleyharts said...

hang in there! but hey at least you got to go on a cruise....but I know sick kids is the worst!

Anonymous said...

Sorry the girls are so sick. I hope they get better soon. Our girls had a stomach virus this weekend, but they seem to be doing better. The hacking up a lung is what I was really afraid of. It hit Jake's family with a vengeance. Jake's dad even broke a rib from coughing so hard!
Get better soon Girls!

michelle said...

Veronica,
I can relate, except for the cruise part. Josh has been sick for over a week and Zane begs to go to bed at night hours before his bed time because he's so tired. I hope they get better soon and you have fun in St. George

kendra said...

Good luck with that - why do kids have a way of paying you back with a vengance? I hope they get better soon.

R~ said...

I remember my grandma rubbing Menthol Vicks on my chest.. ahh that used to feel so good on my lungs- I do, however, think you are past the point of that and chicken noodle soup... I'm so sorry your babies are sick.. Pit'o'Sickness- sorry to laugh at that but you have a way with words. Hope you all get some sleep.