May 21, 2008

Does anyone know how to milk a dog?


You might remember my neighbors' pesky dog from this post. Well, unfortunately, I wish I had some good news to report (like the dog got hit by a car...oops, did I say that out loud?). But NO! It has gotten worse!!!
.
Brace yourselves.
.
Same scenario....wee early hours of the morning.....his "owners" leave for work, and....I kid you not....the dog "mooooooooo"s continuously JUST LIKE A COW!!
.
Now it has been unseasonably warm here in Utah and we have been sleeping with our windows open. Our window is located right next to the dog-cow. So, yep, every morning I feel like I live on a farm and that I own a cow THAT IS MOOING TO BE MILKED!!!
.
I complain about it every morning. "What the flip? Stop MOOING you stupid dog!" and Rich says the sammmmmeee thing every morning. "Veronica, he wants you to go milk him"
.
Har, har, har.
.
Now, I don't want to have a bad relationship with our neighbors, but really, if I wanted to be woken up by livestock every morning I would have lived in the country.
.
Weird?! It's one of those things that you don't believe until you hear it yourself....and so I invite you all to my house, for a sleepover, to witness this mooing phenomenon.

9 comments:

Camille said...

Veronica, I know that you want to keep a good relationship with your neighbors and all, but they seem to not care what kind of relationship they have with you if they let this dog continue as it is. This has gone on too long. The stress of this dog should be put on the owners and not the Reeve family. You could write a note and explain that the dog has been barking while he's away and affecting you and the girls, he might not know and would appreciate something like that. If this continues I know a good attorney you can call.

Linds said...

Amy has a dog scenario as well. Maybe you two should swap stories and come with a crafy solution!! Speaking of...are you saying you are having a slumber party? Im in!

Kelly said...

I think you have been a polite neighbor for long enough! I definately would be saying somthing to the neighbor. Mind you, I USED to have a little kitten that caught all the yucky mice--but my kind neighbor hated that my cat went in her yard--so she was going to call animal control unless I got rid of it! So watch out!

Betsy said...

One time my mom's dog pooped in the neighbor's yard, and they picked up the poop in a bag and stapled it to the dog's collar with note that if they wanted to pick up dog poop they would own a dog.....You are so creative...I know you could come up with something that good =0). but seriously....a dog that moo's?? Aren't you lucky =0).

Bree said...

Maybe you could just through the dog a steak with rat poisoning on it or something. When we lived with Jay's Dad, the first thing I heard each morning was a donkey saying HEEE HHAWWWWWWWWW..I really wanted to through a shoe at it at first but then it just grew on me and I laughed every time. Then right before we moved out, there was a real rooster saying "Coc-a-doodle-doo" every morning...this I was NOT a fan of! I don't know what the point of all that was but maybe it made you laugh. You should put your foot down..maybe on the dogs throat really hard!!!

Bree said...

I meant to say throw..not through. You can't really through a steak now can you?

Meg said...

Veronica-
I feel your pain! The across-the-street neighbor's dog barks each morning starting about 445 until about 615. My first words in the morning are commonly curse words at that stupid dog. If you find any good solutions, clue me in...otherwise I will keep the pellet gun nearby =)
Megan

The Waisath's said...

Veronica, check out my blog and see what happened this morning. Perhaps you need to go for an early morning run and Rich can be the driver in the truck...."oops", sorry dog.

kendra said...

and to think - you actually found a picture of a cow-dog! Amazing. You could do what my neighbor did to our cat in high school- "Accidently" put mouse poison where you know the dog will eat it. That's how our cat died and it was pretty traumatic but at least I know if I ever get a cat again (which will be never, by the way) I will keep it inside away from my neighbor.