One thing that I really love about my hubby....is that once he gets an idea in his head. He does it!! No la-dee-daa'in around. When we bought our house last fall the yard was A MESS! My biggest regret is not taking a "before" picture, because it was something you had to see to believe. Just close your eyes and picture this....
Massive piles of random dirt covered in weeds. (thus tons of nasty spiders)
Random trees sprouting out of the grass.
Out of control bushes that look like they were going to come alive and eat you.
Rose bushes that were growing taller than the house.
A huge ditch filled with water along the back of the property line?????
Grass running into dirt running into gross wood chips running into weeds.
Are you seeing it? Anyways....Rich has always had a "vision" of what he would like this yard to become. And me, Skeptic Sue, thought....surrrrree, whatever Rich. This yard is a lost cause!
I'm happy to report that I was wrong!!! After a lot of hard work from Rich (and a little from me), we are finally done with fixing up the yard!! Rich did everything that he talked about doing when he first looked at the yard, and it looks great!
Massive piles of random dirt covered in weeds. (thus tons of nasty spiders)
Random trees sprouting out of the grass.
Out of control bushes that look like they were going to come alive and eat you.
Rose bushes that were growing taller than the house.
A huge ditch filled with water along the back of the property line?????
Grass running into dirt running into gross wood chips running into weeds.
Are you seeing it? Anyways....Rich has always had a "vision" of what he would like this yard to become. And me, Skeptic Sue, thought....surrrrree, whatever Rich. This yard is a lost cause!
I'm happy to report that I was wrong!!! After a lot of hard work from Rich (and a little from me), we are finally done with fixing up the yard!! Rich did everything that he talked about doing when he first looked at the yard, and it looks great!



If all goes well, we'll be eating zucchini, green peppers, spaghetti squash, pumpkins, watermelon, cantaloupe, and tomatoes soon!
Thanks for all your hard work Rich! It looks great!!!
Thanks for all your hard work Rich! It looks great!!!
14 comments:
It looks so great! Way to go Rich. As always, you're photog skills are superb!
Your yard looks awesome! Good luck with the garden - I hope you get lots of yummy food! :)
It was a real doozer at first wasn't it? Leave it to master gardener Rich to take care of that! Remember your manager when it comes time to share your crop.
That is a serious masterpiece. And the pics are great too. I am really jealous of your garden.
Wow!! your yard looks awesome!! I'm jealous that you have a husband with a green thumb, I wish mine did!
We might come over and steal your garden produce in the middle of the night! :)
So nice. That really really looks good. I wish I had a backyard like that to enjoy.
ok you CRACK me up!! That dog/cow thing is HILARIOUS!!!!
And your yard looks gorgeous!!! How fun to have a garden - YUM-O!
Wow, NICE yard. My compliments to your landscaper! Once again, you have outdone yourselves!
Very impressive! Our yard probably looks like yours did before your master landscaper jumped in. I'll have to get his advice at our next place.
Wow! I love it!
Your yard looks amazing. I am so glad you did a post about it! I can attest to the wonderful smell of newly spread bark in the back yard (and the beautiful front yard)
I was telling Brade how nice your yard looked after I was there the other day. He has a lot to live up to!!
Maybe Rich could come down and work on our backyard now that he is finished with yours. We have grand plans, but we are lucky to even get it mowed these days. :)
It really does look great! I'm jealous you guys are done! Our yard is still a work in progress, but seeing yours gives me hope!
Post a Comment