July 25, 2008

Our 24th

Yesterday was the perfect summer day. We started out the morning by going to the Ogden 24th of July parade. We watched it from Rich's office windows, which made for a great view, air conditioning/drinks/bathrooms, and no crowds to deal with. Later that afternoon we headed over to the Reeve Family Reunion. Rich's grandma is turning 90 in November and this was a great time for everyone to get together and celebrate her life. She is such a wonderful person....so full of energy! When she was in her 80's she went off the slide on the top of the houseboat in Lake Powell!! It was a great party....fishpond for the kids, water fight, relay races, snacks, movies, and a whole lot of birthday cake. I was in charge of a family photo. Note: Organizing 70 something people is not fun.

Photobucket
"GG"
Photobucket

The whole crew (well, everyone who came) Can you find us?Photobucket
Rich's lovely sister and cousin
Photobucket
There were a lot of new cousins for Lili and Sophie to play with.
Photobucket
Rich's Nephews
Photobucket
Lili got so involved in the relay games. Here she is with her ice cube on a spoon. She's normally so shy so it was fun to see her partcipating.

After the party we went back to our house for a whole load of fireworks. Perfect.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It's no wonder you're all so good lookin'--it definitely runs in the family!
Isn't it fun to see our girls stretch themselves and get involved? I love to see Kyra do things that normally she would be too shy to do--lately she's been playing more with boys--she used to be so scared of them, and it's fun to see her interact.

Libby said...

Can I adopt Rich's grandma? She is such a doll. Good job on the family picture. It looks great. After doing one with 70, hopefully my crazy family won't be so bad!

~Mandy~ said...

Oh the Reeve Family!! How the memories come back.... I remember good ol' Pat...you'll have to tell her Hi for me! The huge family picture turned out great!

vanessa said...

Cute pictures. You are so good. Do you mind moving out to CA so you can do my family photos?

hayleyharts said...

You are bestest ever photo taker in the whole wide world! I am with Vanessa...please come to washington and take my family photos...I am half tempted to pay your flight...REality check... I am still in the Sears and jcpenny portrait league..someday...

The StaceNeedle said...

Hey! Precious grandma! I'm coming home on Aug 15th. Let's play!

Linds said...

Brade was looking at this with me and he said he knows Rich's grandma. What a small world! He knows everyone!
I am being absolutly serious about getting into the business of going to family parties as a photographer! You are amazing. I really think if you keep working and trying you will eventually get to the point where I am right now. Just a thought.

LeAnn said...

Cute pictures...I agree with above....you should do family reunions! You're amazing! Good to see the Reeve family again!