August 27, 2008

2 down 2700+ more to go....

So Lili officially started preschool yesterday!! Hip Hip Hooray!!

Yes, I'm sad.

If she wasn't sooooo ready to be in preschool it would have been harder for me. But, she's been asking about going to "school" for about a year....that was even the motivation she needed to be potty trained last year at this time. (You have to be potty trained to go to school!!)

I'm also really excited about her going to the Weber State University Preschool. WSU trained me to be a Head Start teacher way back when, and based on that experience, I've seen first hand how great their program/teaching philosophy is.

Anyways. Here she is looking much too old. Much too grown up. Sometimes I look at her and wonder what she'll be like when she gets older. I hope she is still so sweet. {sigh} I hope the other kids aren't mean to her. I hope she makes friends. I hope she wants to come home when the day is done. :) I hope she doesn't get sick all the time. I hope she doesn't pick up any bad habits from other peoples rotten children. Or lice for that matter. Ok, ok, I'm just kidding. (mmm...maybe not, I did teach preschool for 2 years, I know what kids are capable of)

4 days a week for 2 1/2 hours is much too long to be away from her. Hmmm....what will I do with all my extra time? Sleep, watch Oprah, eat Bon Bons?





P.S. According to a random website online, there are approx. 180 school days in a year...multiply that by 2 preschool years, 1 kindergarten, and 12 school years, it equals 2700 days of school. {In case you were wondering where I fired up that number}

21 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh, I just took Liv to her preschool open house. She starts a week from tomorrow....=0(. I agree with you completely. I'm sure I will have a post that sounds an awful lot like this one next week. By then you will be a pro....you'll have to give me all of your advice =0). Good Luck.

Bree said...

How great!! Kennedy starts tomorrow and we are both extatic. Ken loves school and this is her second year of pre-school. Lili will love it and you will too. I remember last year feeling a little apprehensive about the whole thing but it really is my favorite days of the week. I do all my errand running while Ken is at school because it is so much easier with only one kid(even though Ken is the easier one). Lili looks absolutely adorable in her cute school socks...I love it!

[BrookeO] said...

V. I hope you don't mind me here. I just love your photos, these pics of the big first day are so cute.

BrookeO (from COMPOSE)

Nicole said...

Lili is beautiful!! What a darling outfit she has on. She seems like such a sweet girl, I don't think you need to worry about her making friends.

Heidi Berry said...

I know what you are going through. I wish I could tell you it gets easier to see them go, but it doesn't. Abram has been in 1st grade for a week and I still cried this morning when he left. Lili looks absolutely darling. What a beautiful girl. I am sure she will LOVE school.

Alicia said...

She looks exactly like you did at that age. I was telling my mom about your fabulous pictures and I told her to go to your website. She saw your girls and not knowing that they were yuors said, "they look just like a shupe, they have to be hers." super cute, I hope she had fun!!

Leslie said...

Lili is so big now! Wow! Time goes by too fast. She looks so cute!

Chereebee said...

Veronica - she is so stinkin cute!! I love how cute you ALWAYS dress her and do her hair! Hope her first day of preschool was a good one!

Kelly said...

Lili is such a cute schoolgirl--I mean look at those little bows in her hair and cute pink elephant backpack! I am slightly jealous about the weber state thing--especially since it is FOUR days a week! oh well, guess Landon wouldn't be able to go anyway--one small problem of being potty trained first! Hopefully, the Little Red School House will still let him come!

Amy said...

My sister-in-law, a first grade teacher, said that is easier to like kids who are dressed cute, clean, and have their hair done. I think Lili rose straight to the top of the class based on those credentials.

Ashley said...

SHe is so cute! I don't want Ryley to start school I am so dreading that day. I'll need some pointers so I don't completely fall apart. :)

kendra said...

Oh MY!! She is SO cute! You are right she does look way too grown up! I know what you mean about preschool. It gets easier, though. Then come summer time you wonder, when does school start again?

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait for that day! Of course I say that now but then I know I'll be crying when it actually does happen!

Camille said...

She is so cute!!!! So grown up!!! You have a child in pre-school. I am sure this day has come to soon. Kids grow up too fast.

Meg said...

Veronica-
She is just beautiful, and your comments almost made me tear up...seriously! How exciting for her but I am sure she will miss her 2 best girlfriends at home!
Megan

Jill T said...

She is such a beauty! My Kate is coveting Lili's backpack. Very cute!

Linds said...

She is the cutest girl ever. I think my favorite part is when she turns around and she has a giant elephant on her back! It does not get much better than that. What a darling little mom you are!

Kerri said...

How exciting first day of preschool! Next thing you know she'll be headed off to college!
I'm so glad you found me and posted...to tell the truth I found your site and was browsing a bit to see your beautiful family and amazing photography! Love love love it.

Marcy said...

Congratulations on another milestone! Boy the time flies. I loved her first day pictures. You can sense her excitement. Hope you hold up okay without her.

The StaceNeedle said...

girl you are popular! Hey I did get your birthday wishes! THank you so much! Congrats on school! She'll be smart like you!

Kristen said...

I would like to point out I'm leaving a comment even though there are already 20 comments left. Such cute pics. You didn't mention if you got emotional when you actually dropped her off, and how did she do. Did she even care that you were deserting her with strangers? Mine sure didn't. This is just the beginning my friend...bust out the bon-bons:)