August 22, 2008

Lili vs. Shower

Lili hates water. Especially on her face. Somehow my mom got her to take showers at her house when she spent some nights there last week. This morning I suggested that she take a shower instead of a bath. I guess here at home the novelty of taking a shower has worn off and she's not too keen on the idea.

Photobucket

Lili: "No mommy, I can't take a shower. I can't take a shower until I'm 29."

Me: "Lili, I'm not 29. I take showers."

Lili: Well, YOU can take showers whenever you want. I can't take showers until I'm 29."

When Lili's a teenager and is fighting with Sophie over who gets to get to take a shower first in the morning, I'm going to remind her about this....

6 comments:

Libby said...

I too had an issue with showers. Once when I was in third grade, my dad forced me to take a shower because we were in a hurry and there was "no time to watch the tub fill up". Not quite 29, but a bit older than Lili.

Camille said...

Whatever Veronica, I still don't think you take showers (or baths for that matter) why do you think I always stand upwind from you. In fact I think you said the same thing when you were her age...I just can't wait for that 29th birthday of yours....

The Durham Project said...

I love your pictures.

Amy said...

Way to take a stand Lili! Even if it is against good hygiene, good for her.
AND way to go Sophie!

hayleyharts said...

THat is so cute! I love that picture of Lili..Veronica you are so amazing..

The StaceNeedle said...

hey! Tell Lili she has a friend in hating to get wet..especially the face. It's true..I do shower, but I'm not a fan. I still hate getting my face wet...and yet I LOVE washing my face at night. So if she's like me, she'll have a clean face at night!