November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Hopefully you all had a wonderful, relaxing, day full of yummy food, family, games, football, movies, or _______ (whatever you do for Thanksgiving)!

We had a great day!

A big THANK YOU to Rich's sister Michelle, who so graciously had pity on us this year, and took us in as extra stow-away Thanksgiving guests. Every year we switch families, but this year my loving parents decided to go to DISNEYLAND with my brother and my sister (who actually didn't end up going, but that is a whole post on it's own). So......although last year we didn't have Thanksgiving with my family, and next year we won't have Thanksgiving with my family, and my parents were on a mission for the Thanksgiving before that, and we were living in Iowa for 3 years and had Thanksgiving on our own before that, I'm obviously totally OK with it and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Humph!

This was the first year we didn't make a turkey and I'm very sad about it because we've done the turkey for the last 5 years and we consider ourselves semi-turkey experts. We always take a picture with Lili and our finished turkey and if I was more motivated I'd go and dig those out and scan those pictures in to show you how golden delicious our turkeys are, and how cute Lili is, and how she's grown as compared to our turkeys. You'll have to take my word for it.

Have I mentioned how cool Rich's sister and her family are? Well, now is a good time....as payment for letting us crash her Thanksgiving. Not only did she invite us over with her husbands side of the family, but she changed the plans and had everyone come to her house so that we wouldn't feel too awkward to go to her in-laws and instead end up going to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner. How cool is that? Also, her house is so beautiful, it's located in the most picturesque location, and her boys are so well behaved and so sweet to my girls.

It was a relaxing day filled with basketball, football (playing and watching), yummy food of course, coloring, BINGO (w/ prizes! score!), Wii, and ending with the annual viewing of Christmas Vacation to kick off the Christmas season. Are you serious Clark?




6 comments:

Camille said...

Veronica I love your pictures. It looks like you had a great time! and regarding my post, I was talking about other people..not you, and I updated my post to reflect just that, so no worries, right?

Chereebee said...

glad you had a great thanksgiving! LOVE the pic of your cute girls!

Libby said...

Looks like a good time. Way to save the day, Rich's sister!! Most important though-Happy Birthday!!!! I hope your day is just perfect. Love you.

Kelly said...

To: The Birthday Girl
From: Silly Slacker of a Friend

Happy, Happy Birthday Veronica dear! Happy days will come to you all year, and if I had a wish then it would be--a happy, happy birthday to you from me!!

Have a GREAT day--Love ya loads-Kelly

kendra said...

happy thanksgiving!!

Leslie said...

Vero, I was hoping to see a birthday blog about yourself. Anyhow, I'll spread the word that your birthday was yesterday for all those who didn't know.