That's right. A boy named Jared.
You heard right. A boy.
So, fine, I'm not sexist, I'm "with it", girls can play with girls or boys, that is fine if she chooses her only friend to be a boy. I'm over it.
Well, yesterday Lili informed me that she loves Jared.
"No you do not."
"Yes I do."
"No you do not."
"Yes I do."
"NO, you love Mommy, and Papa, and Sophie, and even grandma and grandpa, and grandmere and grandpere, but not Jared."
This was our conversation on the way home from preschool yesterday.
Well, today we pulled in at the same time as Jared and his mom, and Jared and Lili walked hand-in-hand into the school.
Jared's mom: "Jared told me Lili is his girlfriend"
Me: "Ha ha ha (nervous, annoyed laughter, resisting urge to punch 3 year old in the back of the head)!
I'm sorry but this is going all too fast for me. I mean, she's 4, he's 3! I just can't picture this:

...for at least 20 more years, it's just not healthy. So Jared, if you are out there, reading my blog, BUZZ OFF!
Update: Today I asked Lili who she played with at school, Jared, no surprise....but, she added, "Mommy, Jared kind of smelled funny today. Me: Really, like what? Lili: Ummmm...kind of stinky, like he had to go caca. (I'm assuming I don't have to translate this word)
YES!! Nothing chases away the women like a boy who smells like poo.
13 comments:
What a great post. You should rent the movies, "Puppy Love" with Shirley Temple or "Father of the Bride" either versions. They would be very fitting right now.
So, the cat is out of the bag. I have been blog stalking you for a while now. Now that I have confessed to Camille I must confess to you too. By the way, you were always cool enough for bead fest, you were just never home. It's never too late to start. Don't miss bead fest 2008. By the way, your family is darling.
I want that Jared to buzz off too. I want to arrange a marriage for Lili and Abram. Are you and Rich in? They don't need to have a say in the matter. :) As long as her dowry is good.
HILARIOUS!! I too have been down this road with my Kennedy. I just blew it off...but she didn't. She still talks about her 'boyfriend' Kelich. I guess Kennedy will be boycrazy like I ALWAYS was...and Lili is on the same road. He he he he he! She is so cute, and I LOVE puppy love, it is so cute to me.
Don't worry it won't last...don't you worry!
Oh, young love. Unfortunately I have no advice for you being Max is still a tad too young. But do not fret, before you know it she'll think boys have cooties and not want anything to do with them! She IS a darling girl though, come teenage years you may have to keep a close eye on her:)
This just brought back a childhood memory; I can't tell you what it is because I'm saving it for a post. Thank you; I was running out of ideas.
That picture cracks me up. She is 4 going on 16!!!
Oh my gosh that made me laugh! I love the photo-shopping! How funny is that...do I need to be getting ready for that! Yikes!
Meg
Terrifying! Give that kid the keys to the street. Maybe you should further sabotage him. You could throw some dog poo at him and make him stink even more!!
Adios amigo! We hope! I like boys too, but not for my girls until they are like 30 more years!of course, it's not like Lili said he was her boyfriend, so it's not really official. So I guess we shouldn't be freaking out just yet, right? She can love Jared--like a BROTHER! Brothers stink, I hear--not that I've ever had one, but I hear that's what it's like--smelly!
Veronica,
Small world. I found your blog through my friend Jenn Stagg's. We went to college together.
I laughed so hard at this blog post. Loved it! Your family is darling and your photography amazing.
Take care,
Katie (Waterfall) Rees
This post made me laugh...thank you for making my day.
Post a Comment