December 15, 2008

Dear Santa....

9 days left till Christmas.

That's it.

Single digits.

Here at the Reeve home, we hadn't even written a letter to Santa yet.....until today.

This morning sending a letter to Santa was all Lili could think about. What if it didn't arrive on time? What if the elves couldn't make the toys she wanted in time for Christmas? How would Santa know what to bring? Panic! Panic! Panic!

Luckily, unbeknownst to most people, Santa has a special elf that makes special trips to people's houses to pick up Santa letters left in their stockings. A UNPPS of sorts (United Noth Pole Postal Service) similar to our UPS. For those last minute requests. You just put the letter in your stocking, and sometime during the night the elf picks it up.

Whew! We still had hope. So without further ado, not even to put on our clothes, eat breakfast, or comb our hair, Lili scribbled out her meager Christmas wish list.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Lili had ONE thing on her list, I had to talk her into some of the others.

With that kind of concentration you'd think she was taking an ACT test.

Success! The finished product: a party blower with flowers on it, a cat shaped pinata, a ta tay?!(translation: some perfume for her feet), a new purse, a new dress, and a grocery store.

We stuck the letter in her stocking and threw in a little somethin' somethin' to make sure that the elf gets the letter directly to Santa in a timely manner. A little bribe never hurt anyone. Wink, wink!

13 comments:

Camille said...

I see that's how you get the "nice" things in life Veronica. It's all clear to me now. FYI you have never extended this "service" to me.

shelby said...

Veronica the expressions on her face are perfect. It was like she was taking a test, but it looks like she passed!!

Libby said...

Teaching bribery at such a young age, interesting. However, as questionable as that may be-I do love her morning hair!

Kristen said...

Here at the Jolley household Dear Old Saint Nick makes the occassional phone call (either Rob or his brother) and we check in that way. I'm impressed with her hand writing skills at such a young age. Raising a smarty pants are we?

Melanie said...

You are way too creative. Where do you come up with all these cute things to tell your girls? I'm also very impressed with her writing skills!

Emily and company said...

What do you mean by wink wink?

Camille said...

How creative with the elf idea. Lili is so cute. I love her thinking face....Adorable..

Bree said...

Oh she is so adorable. I had to laugh about how stressed she was...sounds just like Kennedy. We should get them together one of these days. Kennedy would love it.

Marcy said...

Hmmmm...we may need to use the UNPPS ourselves. Do the elves make stops on Liberty? Gum drops required? I'm really looking forward to that age when Christmas is so magical. When I ask Maren what she wants for Christmas she just says, "a blue present". That really narrows it down.

Amy said...

Your life seems so much more exciting in high defenition (your amazing photography). I wish you were my mom.
Way cute pictures.

Jessie Riley said...

OK. I have two LURKER friends who want in on all things Veronica Reeve....
they aren't scary... they are LOVELY gals!
Jen
jchandler5@gmail.com
&
Teresa
tmfhill@yahoo.com

Meg said...

Lili is just so cute!
Meg

Anonymous said...

Is she seriously writing that or did you help?! Such awesome pictures, and she is one serious woman about what she wants. Simple desires--that makes Christmas fun! Kyra asked Santa for Hello Kitty stickers and a Hello Kitty lunchbox. Go figure. She copies her cousin!