August 3, 2009

Camping '09

We're back from our annual Reeve Family Camping Trip. This year we went to Beaver Reservoir in the Uinta Mountains, the same location we went last year. As always, we all had a great time. The girls love playing with their cousins all day long, eating snacks, exploring, going on rides in the Ranger, and playing with dogs. This year we rented a pop-up camping trailer and I'm so glad we did! We had a bathroom with a shower so we could rinse off the filthy little girls at night, bathroom-ish facilities, and a heater to turn on at night. It was well worth the money and I'm pretty sure we'd rent it again. Our excitement for the trip was getting a flat tire on the Ranger many miles from our camp site with no way to fix it and a rain storm coming. Luckily we managed, and it will be a good story to tell next year. I always come home wishing I'd taken more pictures, but here are a few I did take one day....

We came home just in time to make it to my 10 year high school reunion. I probably smelled like campfire and had dirt caked in my ears (along with a horrible Ruldoph-like sunburn on my nose), but it was fun none the less. We are already looking forward to next year's trip. With a 9 month old baby it should be interesting.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I WISH I had a tent trailer...but we tought about it too late in the game. No one had any left to rent over the 24th. So tent we did! Newbies are easier than babies who can crawl in the dirt. You looked DARLING at the reunion. Really, didn't notice the sunburn at all! I promise!!

Camille said...

Where did you camp? It looks beautiful there!!! It was great to see you at the reunion!!! I was glad I wasn't the only preggers there!!!

Camille said...

Veronica....always having fun....

Libby said...

Camptastic! I love Sophie's dirt butt. Yes, I admit I did notice some odd brown-ness in your ears at the reunion. I didn't want to say anything, but.....