Under suspicious circumstances, Lili came teary eyed to me this morning and reported, voice shaking, that she was "So, so proud of Sophie" and that she had lost her tooth. Sophie apparently was the one who finally got it out by "hitting her in the mouth".
That will do it I guess.
She is overjoyed that she has reached this pivotal milestone in her life and called just about everyone she knows to report that she finally joined the ranks of those who have lost teeth. She is both nervous ("How about if I don't fall asleep fast enough???"), and excited to see what the tooth fairy will bring tonight. She was happy that her tooth looked very white - she takes her tooth-brushing and flossing VERY seriously.
For me, this is a milestone I hoped would never come. It means that she is growing up, and that her sweet smile with the perfect little lined up teeth will never look the same again (until she is a pimply faced teenager and her braces come off). I've been meaning to get her pictures taken before her loose tooth came out, but I've put it off too long and now it is too late. So here she is, the proud toothless 5 year old...
