If you are like me, you are probably shaking your head right now thinking, "Kindergarten? No way!" But it is true. I have a kindergartener. I'm not sure how this snuck up on me so fast (it seems like just yesterday that she started preschool), but my head is reeling with how fast time flies, and how I look at this "little girl" and she looks more like a...well, a little lady to me now-a-days.
Sigh.
I love my Lili. She is ready to grow up and go to school. So, I have to let her...and be happy for her. There are exciting things ahead....so here she is on her first day of kindergarten.

Before I know it she'll be going to her first day of her senior year. Ouch. Do you (if there are any of you out in blog land) realize that people who started kindergarten in 1998 are now Seniors in High School? Scary? Yes! I was a Junior in High School and they were Lili's age! Where does the time go!??




So here we are dropping her off. Her backpack is full of new school supplies and she's clinging to the tissue box in an effort to stay calm. Her class is all lined up by the flag pole. Mothers and fathers gathered around giving hugs, blowing kisses, and taking photos. She was obviously nervous. So was I. Will she make friends? Will she have fun? What are other people's children going to teach her?

Luckily the first day of Kindergarten was great. She seemed to really enjoy herself and she even met a new friend. She told me she became friends with this new girl by offering her the dry swing on the playground. What a sweetie...

She loved kindergarten and is excited to go back tomorrow. She even picked out/tried on what she is going to wear tomorrow and made me take pictures of her (Yes, she made me...I know what you are thinking! It was her idea, I promise!)