Happy Birthday to our little Hazel who turned two years old today!
Two years ago Hazel was born on a beautiful fall day in the midst of all the Swine Flu scare. We could only have two visitors total in the hospital...and Rich was included as one of the visitors. We took her straight from the hospital to our home that was under construction so we could see the progress that had been made while we were away. We were living in a basement and stressed about the new house...so it wasn't the most ideal conditions.
Our little Hazel is definitely a bright and shining star in our family. My mom described her as "Curious George".... always happy, getting into trouble, curious, and makes everyone smile.
A few things about Hazel at 2 years:
1. She is just a little thing but stomps around like she's in charge.
2. She LOVES Ovaltine and has to have a cup of Ovaltine every morning or she can't function.
3. She can sing Old McDonald and does so all day long.
4. She is so enthusiastic - she's almost given me a heart attack when we are in the car and she sees a cow and squeals "COOOOOWWW!"
5. She holds her own with her big sisters (you could almost say she bullies sweet Sophie) and the kids in nursery.
6. Her favorite thing is to ride in "Papa's Vovo" (Rich's truck).
7. She is a dare devil and has been going down the big slides at the park for a long time now, climbs more than any of the other girls ever did, jumps off things, runs super fast wherever she goes, and sometimes falls on the ground spontaneously and spins around (a la break dancing) just to play the class clown.
8. She loves to say the prayer no matter who has been asked. She'll just talk over them.
9. She calls Lilia "La-lee-a", Sophie "Boppy", and Jack "Yack"
10. As active as she is, she is still one of our most snuggly babies and loves giving big hugs and kisses and saying "Wuv you".
We love our Hazel so much and can't imagine life without her spunky personality!!


I've been wanting to take pictures of Hazel in this dress for a long time. We got the dress in Spain when we were expecting Lilia. Each one of our girls has worn it and it makes me sad to think that Hazel is the last little gal to wear it, and she's almost outgrown it already.
7 comments:
She makes us laugh and laugh .We love her !
Joyeux anniversaire Hazel!!!!
Elle a des yeux de petite coquine!!!! Trop belle!
Gros bisous
I miss all of you....
She's beautiful!! Love Hazel!
happy b-day miss hazel~ she is such a doll, and i adore these picts--the dress is darling. Kiddos birthdays are bittersweet, aren't they?
Happy Birthday Hazel! What a beautiful girl! Beautiful pictures V. I wish I was lived there so you could give me some pointers =0). I hope all is well with you and your cute family!
Happy (late) Birthday to Hazel! I'm sorry I didn't call. I'm not a very good aunt. She looks so beautiful and grown up! She has changed a lot in just a couple of months.
That dress is soooo sweet. And the bloomers. Darling. Those pictures are adorable. Really, I love them so.
When you were describing Hazel's daredevil-ness I couldn't help but think that she's been your preparation for a little dude. Watch out!
Also-love the tidbit about her morning Ovaltine. What a cool lil' gal she is.
Post a Comment