I have been pretty lucky. Lilia and Sophie were fairly easy babies. Don't get me wrong, they had their moments. But Hazel has introduced me to a whole other world of the "Terrible Twos". It's like the day she turned two she got some kind of secretive training on how to
TERRORIZE EVERYTHING!
(I'm sorry to have to use all caps and large lettering, but it's that bad)
There is nothing that she won't climb on. Important document that she won't color on. There is not a moment that I can turn my back to her. She insists on doing everything by herself and can be heard saying "NOOOO! Hazel do it!" All. Day. Long.
She'll throw a tantrum if she isn't allowed to pick out her own clothes, or if she is forced to wear a coat, or if you make her wear shoes she doesn't like, or wants food that you are eating...the list goes on and on.
If she is quiet, you know you are in trouble. Like when I find her with hand soap smothered all over her hair and body, or her eating an entire container of Ovaltine (just the powder) with her face covered in chocolate, or poor Jack with Pop Tart crumbs all over his face from a sister who was trying to "share". Then there is this morning while I had a client over to take some pictures and I found her with the two brand new boxes of cereal I had bought the night before covering the counter top.

Notice the backward pjs? That's to prevent her from taking off all her clothes at night/naps and diaper and going bathroom in her bed. You'd think after the 3rd or 4th time of that happening we would have learned our lesson...
BUT! We still love her. Because even if she is our hardest toddler, she is probably the happiest. Whilst making all these messes she has a big Hazel smile on her face and will probably say "Wuv you!" when it's all said and done. She is just so stinkin' cute, and that is why we haven't sold her on the Black Market yet. You are probably thinking to yourself, "Where is the responsible parent during these moments of terrorization (if that is a word)?" But I promise, I'm not watching soap operas and eating bon bons while things acts of naughtiness are going on! I do, however, have to shower every once in a while ;), feed the baby, make beds, talk to people on the phone, you know....mom stuff. I am just grateful that she's survived two years without any major trips to the E.R.
5 comments:
You forgot to mention the day that she called 911, or threw your phone in the toilet etc etc etc...
Love that Hazel.
This picture made me laugh, probably because this happens to me so often and I'm glad I'm not alone. I have a long list of things that have gone wrong when I turn my eye for a second.
I can see that you are much more patient that I am. I would have had a nervous breakdown by now ha, ha. She is adorable.
Why does everything you do have to be so darn cute...Love your little antidotes and sweet pictures...Jack what a heart stopper!
Love that little Hazel!
Post a Comment