January 4, 2012

St George: November style

In November we took a nice little vacation down south.  Although it was the perfect little get-away right before the Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas rush,  it started off with a rocky start.  Between Ogden and Provo Lili threw up twice in the car, Sophie had a bloody nose, and we were in a rush to stay ahead of a dark looming storm just behind us that was supposed to pack a serious punch.

We somehow survived.  On a side note: I have to wonder how in the world my children are able to travel great distances without falling asleep in the car.  When I was a little girl I would fall asleep ALL the time in the car....from SLC to Ogden, Ogden to North Ogden,  probably from my house to the grocery store! Of course I didn't have electronic devices to keep me awake like they do.  I had to use my imagination (I used to picture me running alongside the car on a horse, he he he) to keep me entertained.

Anyhoo, the girls love St. George and so do I.  I could live down there - well at least for 9 months of the year.  While we were there we did the usuals..

Hiking around Dixie Rock
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Scaling the mountain, notice Rich's look of determination.

Photobucket

Jack's first time to Dixie Rock.  He loved it!  What I didn't get pictures of was him free-climbing up  steep cliffs and repelling down.  He's pretty sporty for a 2 month old.  

Photobucket

Sand dunes and hiking in Snow Canyon

Photobucket

A visit to one of our favorite temples.  If you haven't seen the new Family Exhibit in the visitors center there make sure to see it - It's really great.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

We also made a trip to the outlet malls, went swimming every day {multiple times a day} in the heated-to-hot tub-temperature swimming pool, went to a movie, visited the old pioneer home of Jacob Hamblin, and had plenty of movie nights.  Awwww beloved St George, till we meet again!! 

No comments: