June 17, 2012

Fire Pit

At our Father's Day family gathering my sister-in-laws were telling me that I should update my blog.  I explained to them that I am so behind now, I wouldn't even know where to begin.  They said I should just start from now.  And they are right.  So this one is for you Rachel and Mel!

Over Memorial Day we decided to tackle a project we've had planned for a while - installing a fire pit in the backyard.  Here are some photos of Rich hard at work:


Turned out great didn't it?  Go Rich!  We finally got around to finishing the surrounding landscape so we decided (last night) that it was time to have our inaugural fire.  The kids had a great time roasting our hot dog dinner over the fire.  In a few years when the little bushes grow up a little taller we will even have some privacy.  We are enjoying the view for now and have s'more ingredients on hand for anyone that wants to stop on by.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Génial!!!

Camille said...

You know I'll take you up on that offer!! I'll be there tout de suite

Camille said...

p.s. glad to see a glimpse of Winnie.

Leslie said...

It looks so nice with the bark around it. Who needs privacy with such a nice view!