I knew what I wanted, but I am no good at putting things together. I met a really great designer named Danielle Oakey, through a mutual friend, and loved all the design work she's done. She has a beautiful, classic, simple, colorful style that is just what I wanted for this room. I told her my budget, gaver her an idea of what I like and don't like, and she took it from there.
So here is what she had to work with:
9 year old girl
Loves turquoise
Not super "girly girly"
Loves art
Great imagination/creative
Something not too little girlish but not scary teenagerish
Something classic not trendy
...and that's it.
Everything Danielle picked out was perfect. And now that the room is done and put together, I wish it was mine. Lili loves it and it fits her personality perfectly. The room is not quite finish - we still have the finish work to do, built ins, a closet, window seat - minor details ;) but we love love love it and are so pleased with Danielle and what she came up with.
Here are some photos:

These photos bother me so bad. The pillows!! Opposite directions. Wish I'd noticed to turn it. Oh well.












Love this little turquoise chair and table. The "Paris" print is just waiting for a frame to go up on another wall.
2 comments:
Love it! Great design, colorful but not too much.
https://www.apksave.org/2021/01/tips-memakai-kartu-kredit-dengan-bijak.html
Post a Comment