October 5, 2014

Lilia's 10th Birthday Party

Friday we finished off the celebrations for Lilia's birthday with a friend party.  We invited 15 friends from school/church/old schools/family friends for swimming, pizza, and s'mores.  

Here's the invite:

 photo Web14_zpsff6871dc.jpg

We attached a package of Swedish Fish candy to the back of it.

 photo web1_zps42331f2a.jpg

 photo web2_zps6f876877.jpg

Lilia's favorite popcorn as snacks.

 photo web3_zpsf3d35152.jpg

 photo web4_zps059e434e.jpg

Favors that said "Here's S'more to Go" + Thank you for coming.  It was filled with a little trail mix of Golden Graham cereal, chocolate covered raisins, marshmellows, mini Recess Peanut Butter cups, and chocolate covered pretzels.  We gave them to them as they were leaving.

They swam for about an hour and a half.  I hired a cute gal to come and life guard since I knew I'd be busy.  She organized games with them and made sure they followed the rules.  I had to practically beg them to get out of the warm pool to eat dinner.

 photo web12_zps53568189.jpg

My friend Ashley, and mother to one of the invitees Katelyn, was a life saver and stayed the whole time.  She even helped clean up after.  She's a great gal.

 photo web5_zps11afdaaf.jpg

 photo web6_zps30910d26.jpg

We ate pizza, and had drinks on ice for them to choose from.   That's when I learned that 10 year olds are messy.  And very silly.  But they were fun.  Some of them chose to change into warm clothes after and we sat by the fire to do s'mores.  

 photo web7_zps256e904f.jpg

 photo web8_zpsc6ac73b1.jpg

 photo web9_zps6656e810.jpg

 photo web10_zps08b64ce9.jpg

They told "scary stories" around the fire.  Here's Lili doing one that had something to do with a green man and a telephone call.  Pretty sure she was improvising.

 photo web11_zps009247dd.jpg

After they were plenty full and sticky we went inside to open presents.  It was chaos.  I didn't get any really great pictures but this gives you an idea.

 photo web13_zps6e7dd619.jpg

She got a lot of really great gifts and everyone seemed to have a fun time.  They are all really good kids that she's met from so many different times in her life and I'm so grateful for each of them!  One party down - two more to go.  T'is the season!

No comments: