
Well round one of potty training Lilia, and I've already thrown in the towel. Two days!! I only lasted two days!! As far as potty training goes, I know that everyone says, "You have to wait until they are ready, blah blah blah..." But I thought I could do it, after all, Lilia is a smart little girl. Boy was I wrong!
My friend gave me a sure fire potty training method that worked like a charm with her little girl. Her method was to just put her daughter in underwear and let her have messes for three days. At the end of three days her daughter was so sick of it that she started to go potty on the potty. She's never looked back. I know what you are thinking, "That sounds messy.." I thought the same thing. But no! Her plan involves using those plastic underwear over the underwear. They'll feel wet, but it will keep your carpets clean. Sounds great doesn't it? Well, not for Lili. Lili has sat on the potty off and on for several months but she just has never "gone potty" on the potty. (I know that this is our first major hurtle) So I bought her cute princess undies, and she was way excited about them. That's the problem. After each "accident" Lili was so excited to put on another pair of princess undies that she didn't care about her accident. Hmmm....which princess will be next, Sleeping Beauty? Cinderella? Maybe Ariel? After each accident she was so excited that she ran to the bathroom and changed them herself. After two days of accidents and absolutely no progress on the potty, I decided maybe I should wait until she at least "goes potty" on the potty at least once before I put her in underwear. I don't know maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should have stuck with it for a few more days...any advice?
4 comments:
Wait for grandma ! Start a chart with stars when she sits , then give her a small prize if she goes ???? It worked for Carter. but it'll take more than two days to succeed ! Love , mom
I tried the sticker chart and she has a Cinderella barbie doll waiting for her is she goes, but it doesn't seem to be working.
We did potty candy. Liv got it any time she actually went to the bathroom. I think you are doing the right thing to wait. Once she figures out how to go, it will be much easier. Then you can actually reward her for going. We did the underwear thing and it worked great, but Liv had gone #2 lots of times before I even started. Potty candy was really motivating for Liv. Good luck. Also, I gave Liv tons on juice, and then would sit her on the potty while she watched a show. As soon as she would pee, I would make a big deal out of it and let her pick a potty candy. That way, I had a chance to get her excited about the potty candy.
Maybe you should try Spiderman undies and tell her when she goes potty on the potty, she can wear her princess ones again?!? Sorry, can't help much, I haven't gotten there yet...
Post a Comment