May 4, 2007

Cute...a little strange...but cute

My daughter has a great imagination.

I'll prove it to you.

Lilia has a new best friend. They are practically inseperable. He (or she, we're not quite sure about that) brings out the best in her. His name is "Spider". Here is a picture of him/her.

Yep, that's my hand. Or "Spider" as Lili calls it. She loves it. She looks at my hand and talks to it, gives it hugs and kisses sporadically, and is always wanting to hold it's hand (one finger). There are pros and cons to Lili's new best friend.

Pros

Spider can get Lili to eat her dinner when me and Rich can't.

Lili will allow Spider to comb her hair-not mom.

If Spider puts Lili to bed it goes a lot smoother.

Lili is very willing to help clean the kitchen, since Spider is cleaning it too.

Spider is nice...that means real spiders should be nice too, right? (See post Itsy Bitsy Spider)

Cons

Spider is my hand, Lili doesn't understand that when mommy needs to go upstairs to bed, Spider can't stay downstairs with her.

When Lili is talking to Spider, people give us weird looks (I don't blame them).

There are just some places a spider with a mom attached to it can not go.

And finally...will this poor child have a chance of being normal with an imaginary hand-friend?

5 comments:

Emily said...

Veronica, that is hilarious...Lili sounds so funny, and so old! I wish Jack could play with her!

Kirk said...

Does Lilly have a chance of being normal with your and Rich as parents? Hmmmm.... Kirk and I know your true side. (shmumf song anyone?). I can't wait to meet spider. By the way, I do like the new blog look. I've finally made a custom header myself. I figure I better stay away from the girly stuff though. After all, it is Kirk's Place.

Anonymous said...

Cette anecdote est tellement belle!

Anonymous said...

Je trouve cette histoire vraiment mignonne. Lili est vraiment une petite fille adorable!!!

danielleshupe said...

I remember a little girl who loved a little kitty .....and the little kitty was her mom's hand ! The little girl turned out great .