Hello, my name is Veronica, and I haven't lost my baby weight yet.
Ok, there I said it.
Yes, I am ashamed that I haven't kicked it into high gear and gotten this taken care of. I started exercising and dieting gung-ho right after I had Sophie-but the flame quickly fizzled and now I'm out of the groove.
Unlike some people, my baby weight doesn't quickly fall off....
STILL!! It's not something you want others to point out.
Scenario: Rich and I are sitting at a table in a cafeteria-style eating area. A lady asks to join us, and we make pleasant chit-chat...
Lady: Oh! I see you are nesting!
Me: Um...excuse me? (I really didn't hear her)
Lady: You are nesting?
Me (in my mind): Ummm...Did someone just slip an egg under my chair? Did she just really say what I think she said?
-MOMENT OF AWKWARDNESS AS I FUMBLE FOR WHAT TO SAY-
Me: Oh no, I just had a baby (Lie-5 months ago).
Lady: (nervous laughter) Mumbo Jumbo....blah blah blah....excuse for putting her foot in her mouth....
NESTING!! NESTING!! Who says that!!? And who says that to a person who (in my defense) doesn't look like they could give birth at any moment? I mean really...
Note: I was wearing a shirt from Forever 21 (you know, those maternityish, high waist, billowy looking ones) and, as Rich pointed out, they could be taken for a maternity shirt. I'm really not trying to make excuses.
.
Anyhoo, talk about depressing. Needless to say, diet is being kicked back into high gear, exercising, etc...Maybe this is the wake up call I needed. Really lady, NESTING?!!!
4 comments:
Maybe she knows me from somewhere, when she saw you -- well you know, she mistakingly thought, "oh there's Camille" and she was probably confused that I was with another man, she just wanted to be polite. Don't worry, like you said you were wearing a maternity shirt, and with your naturally glowing self, she probably just mistook that to be that motherly glow. So don't be to harsh on yourself, when she obviously was thinking she was talking to me.
Vero,
I think you look great (not just saying that either!). What a crazy lady, I don't know what she was thinking! I also really like your new shirts, and will go buy some after my pregnancy as well.
If it makes you feel better, I have been asked by no less than 3 other women if I was pregnant... Once, I had Gwen (age 4 months) with me. I also had a lady in the grocery store tell me that Gwen had a face "only a mother can love!" We'll just chalk it up to people saying STUPID things!
OK, you know one of the real reasons I haven't called you in so long....I am a complete weight loss failure too!! It is SO hard to stay focused with two kids. What's funny? I was just looking at your yellowstone pics and going, gosh! Veronica looks so SKINNY! I am definitely not calling her for a while! ;)
Post a Comment