October 10, 2007

I've Been Tagged...ish

So my friend Annie (who has possibly the funniest blog you'll ever read) posted these questions on her blog and "tagged" anyone who happened to be reading her blog. They seemed like interesting enough questions so I thought I'd give them a whirl...

1. Three biggest fears? (besides anything bad happening to a family member/child)
-Scary homeless looking people that walk too close to my car when I'm at a stoplight (Oh, I'm not afraid to lock my doors!)
-Dogs (I was attacked as a child - picture this, rain, an umbrella, a big black dog taller then me-OK, now don't have nightmares tonight)
-Heights (Yes, Rich, we all remember the time when we were dating and I had that little "episode" in Zion National Park)
2. When was the last time you danced? Last night, at Lili's dance party, while she wore her Cinderella dress up clothes, to the music of Rich playing a little whirling hand fan.
3. Do you creep on stranger's blogs? Strangers, umm...rarely....People who I know but they don't know that I look at their blog...frequently.
4. If you could go back to be any age for a day, what age would you be and why? Sophie's age. 9 months. Everything is done for you, you nap all day, play with toys..now that would be the life!
5. Are you a good liar? NO!
6. Do you judge someone when you can tell they've had elective cosmetic surgery? No. Whatever floats their boat. If that will make them happy with themselves, go for it.
7. If you have children, what's one thing that you always told yourself you'd never do when you had kids? If you don't have children, what's one thing you tell yourself you'll never do? I always said I wouldn't be looking out the window waiting for them after a date. Where all you can see is their silhouette...and you know they are watching. Thanks mom.
8. What's something that totally grosses you out? People who don't wash their hands after they go bathroom...especially in a public place where people can SEE that you didn't wash your hands. BARF!
9. Do you ever delete forwards without reading them? Yes, all the time. Sorry Kristen, Nicole, Jennie, and Rich's uncles.
10. Do you ever lie to get out of obligations? Of course not!
11. Consider your body weight and your yearly income at their present states. Would you rather be 200 pounds heavier and $200,000 richer or stay at your present states? 200 pounds heavier? No way. I wouldn't be able to function.
12. When was the last time you bought a pair of shoes and what were they? Flip-flops, 2 bucks at Old Navy for Lake Powell.
13. The Olympics. Take them or leave them? Take them. Figure skating and gymnastics are my faves. :)
14. What's your favorite accent? French, of course.
15. What's your favorite scent? New car smell. Yummy.
16. Gum or breath mints? Mints, for sure.
17. If you could look like any celebrity, who would it be? Emmanuelle Béart. Of course.
18. If you had the chance of looking like said celebrity in exchange for your thumbs would you do it? No, thumbs have their purpose. Like...giving someone a thumbs up.
19. Do you religiously wear sun screen? Rarely.
20. Do you generally trust people/their motives or doubt people/their motives? Trust...except if they are scary looking and walking too close to my car. See answer #1.
21. Would you describe yourself as a complicated person or is what you see what you get? Complicated. I'm shy and a people pleaser, so sometimes people don't really know how I'm feeling.
22. Do you watch what you eat? Depends the week.
23. Do you watch what other people eat? Yes, if it's a cookie and I want a bite.
24. Do you judge how other people raise their kids? Yes, about some things. I'm a school teacher. It comes with the title.
25. Do you judge people who dress poorly? Mostly no, again, answer #1 exception.
26. Do you judge people who are homely? No.
27. Do you judge people who are overweight? No.
28. Your interest in politics: High, Medium-High, Medium, Medium-Low, Low, Obsolete? Medium-High. Being married to Rich has raised my interest level a few notches.
29. Favorite song of all time? Too many to choose from. But...I'll say "Please Don't Go" - Violent Femmes. Love the bass. Oh, and "The Luckiest" By Ben Folds. And so many others, don't get me started.
30. Acoustic or electric? Acoustic.
31. If you were a hermit, would you shave? Of course not.
32. If you could shave your head without your significant other throwing a complete hissy, would you? No.
33. What was your least favorite age? Junior High age. Isn't that everybodys?
34. How many times a day do you check your email? I'm too embarrassed to admit. I do have a life, though.
35. Are you in a tiff with anyone right now? Not that I know of...and if anyone thinks I am, I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

Ok, now it's all you readers out there in blog world's turn to give it a whirl. Consider yourselves tagged. It gives the people who read your blog (that you don't know about) some interesting new info.

10 comments:

Heidi Berry said...

I feel like I know you so much better now, Veronica.

Sarah said...

I as well feel as though we are so much closer. HAHA

danielleshupe said...

we'll wait when your precious little girls start dating and then we'll see , of coUrse.Notice the U in of course! ha ha ha !Love you so much !

Camille said...

Veronica, don't lie, if you didn't judge people who were homely why did you have to pick on me all my life! You are a different person on line...A real sweetheart on the world wide web, a different character in the real wide world!

Marcy said...

Very entertaining! We are getting some leaves - I'm sure if I raked them I would have a big pile, but I think it will get a little better in a week or two. Let me know if you want to use the backyard or come over sometime and take pics of the girls.

hayleyharts said...

Veronica I KNOW you are SWEETHEART!!! You are like the nicest person I have ever met... ANd sophie is the cutest little baby...I really would not worry too much about it...she is just one laid back baby..i need one of those! ( sorry that comment was a little late)

Annie said...

Ah, you are way too kind.

Thanks for doing that - it was very entertaining!

Jen said...

Oh, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. We are now trying to find out more about renting so hopefully we can help with the mortgage.

And, are you going to the Iowa grad/Vancott/get together thing tonight? If I don't get sent to a far away land for breaking news, we'll actually be able to hang out! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute and fun - I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Vern, you are great. I always enjoy reading your blog. I have just started blogging myself. kechamandmustard.blogspot.com