November 30, 2007

50 MORE facts about me?!

1. I hate the mall. I once worked at my brother-in-laws climbing tower in the mall. I got mall overload. I got hit on by a "little person". I guess we were about the same height. He asked me out. I had to say "No, I'm married." He was so embarrassed. He said he looked at the wrong hand for a wedding ring. I hope there isn't one less "little person" in the world because of it.

2. I waitressed at a Chinese restaurant when I was 14. Aren't there laws about that?

3. OK, I admit it, I secretly like SOME country music. Not the real twangy stuff, but the songs that talk about fathers and daughters, it brings a tear to my eye.

4. The first toilet I ever cleaned was in a discount grocery store that I worked at. I protested it as long as I could but finally had to take my turn. Just my luck, right before I went to clean it, some homeless person came in the store and stunk up one whole 1/2 of the grocery store. I'm scarred for life.

5. When I was little, after church I'd put my slip on my head and pretend it was my hair.

6. I've never broken a bone or had stitches.

7. I sometimes taste Sophie's baby food. I want to know what my baby is putting in her little tummy.

8. I love fresh flowers. If I ever have frivolous money to spend I will have fresh flowers in my home at all times.

9. I don't like smelly lotion.

10. I've boycotted washing Rich's work shirts. I get them all cleaned. I hate to iron, and to tell you the truth, I'm horrible at it anyways. And I can't sew.

11. If my house were burning to the ground (other then my husband, and my children, including Canon) I would grab my photo albums. I love pictures.

12. I have a degree in elementary education.

13. I taught preschool for Head Start. My very strange assistant told me (while discussing our game plan for a rather hard child) that maybe he didn't like me because I had black hair, and witches have black hair. I can't help but wonder if there was a hidden message there.

14. I don't like cats. I'm allergic to them, as well as dogs, and horses probably, and every other hairy animal. I'm secretly happy about it because I'm not too fond of pets anyways. Rich really wants a dog one day. It will forever be a touchy topic in our home.

15. I used to read the last chapter of books before I would start them. Blasphemous, I know.

16. Rholde Dahl is my favorite children's literature author.

17. I really like the actor Hugh Grant. I think his dry humor is hilarious.

18. I got married when I was 18. Just a baby.

19. No matter what Rich says....when we first met I didn't lie to him about my age. I was 17, was it my fault that he assumed that I was 18?

20. At one point in our early marriage I was earning $5.50 an hour, working 20 hours a week. Rich was unemployed at the time and we were both full time college students. How we survived is still a mystery to me.

21. When I was in elementary school I used to have a cow shirt that I wore all the time . It was a shirt with just a large cow head on it. What I was thinking?....I do not know.

22. I have one area that, not to brag, I feel that I excel in. Cutting construction paper. I have made a few books illustrated with my construction-cut-outs, made a few scrapbooks, again-all "cut", and it's always a good skill when birthday cards are needed. No sketching or tracing, just me and a pair of scissors. It's something that, as an elementary teacher, is required. That and good penmanship on a chalkboard. Which I have to admit I'm quite good at too.

23. I love Glade Vanilla Plug-Ins.

24. I was a bubble in a local theater's production of The Little Mermaid.

25. I've been told I look just like a woman serial killer from Colorado in the 70s. I don't remember her name but I think she went by "The Black Widow". This spooks Rich out.

26. I once formed a babysitting club with a friend called the Kid Kare Kompany. We thought it was perfect.... we could go by KKK! We even made little cards that said KKK. Parent: "Hey honey, let's call the KKK to watch our kids tonight." We were young, so naive.

27. One year I crocheted slippers for all of my relatives in France. They began as pot holders, but I put them on my feet and realized that they could be slippers (elfish looking, but warm nonetheless). I'm sure all my relatives were thrilled.

28. I can't say "no" to people.

29. I honeymooned in Paris.

30......with my parents, my sister and her husband, and my husband's 5th grade teacher...very romantic.

31. I don't like winter. I wish it would snow just in December and then Spring would come.

32. When I was in elementary I would wait until my sister left for school and then borrow her clothes to wear that day to school. I made sure that is was only on Wednesday, my short day. So I could put them back before she got home. I was sneaky that way.

33. I've always wanted to have a holiday sweater party.

34. On a normal day, I only clean my house in the last 1/2 hour before Rich gets home (or if I'm expecting visitors). I'm sure he suspects this. What's the point? It'll only get dirty again.

35. I was a nanny for a family who lived close to D.C. for one summer.

36. Costco is my kryptonite.

37. I can not lie. I'm the worst liar. Even if I give myself a pep talk about telling Rich some story about something that happened, the truth always comes out.

38. I prefer cakes from scratch rather then box cakes.

39. I've never mowed a lawn.

40. I'm the worst speller in the world. Thank goodness for spell check.

41. Clowns scare me. Ever since I saw that movie IT.

42. My husband has had dreadlocks. In fact, my husband still has dreadlocks. He keeps them in a zip lock bag, tucked away for when, he says, "I'll give one dreadlock to each of my children."

43. I love throwing a really great party.

44. I'm a Sagittarius, which means nothing to me.

45. I get physically ill when I see people fighting. Not verbally fighting (although I don't like that either) but physically fighting. The contact of fists with faces just makes me nauseous.

46. I can't wink my eye without the other one winking too.

47. When I run out of deodorant I uses Rich's. So if anyone has ever been around me and smelled a manly scent, it was probably just me, wearing Rich's deodorant. Note: I try to replace mine as quickly as possible. It's better then nothing, right?

48. When I grow up I want to be an AWESOME photographer. Not just mediocre, but really really good. Not so good that I'm really busy and Rich gets to retire and work for me as a lackey (although he might like that idea). I just want to be really good, at a reasonable price, and be able to be creative and make people happy....and I wish for world peace.

49. I've lived through a tornado. Not as interesting if you live in Iowa.

50. And last but not least.......I love the blog world. It's such a great way to keep in contact with people. I get excited when I click through my list and see a new post from someone. I love seeing little comments on my blog (everyone does, right?). And an even better surprise is when the comment is from someone who I didn't know read my blog, but they are a totally legitimate, normal, non-stalkerish person, and they finally admit to me that they check in every once in a while.

Well, that's all! Hope you enjoyed my "Bloggaversary" posting. Happy 100 to me!

13 comments:

Chereebee said...

Veronica - you are so funny! I love your 100 facts!!!! Too funny that you were a bubble in a play :)

Amy said...

Dreadlocks in baggies really freak me out. Oh, I think you have already surpassed mediocrity in your photography. Do I get a free print for saying that?

Betsy said...

I can definitely vouch for the cutting skills, I have seen some of your truly amazing work! I Love the 100 Facts!

Abbie said...

Happy Birthday Vern!!!! I never knew you hated that nickname! I love your 100 facts, they brought back some serious nostalgia! I remember being in junior high and seeing Rich with his dreads- sooo cool in the mid 90's!!! hehe. I love hearing about your life and all the fun stuff you guys do and hearing about your gorgeous daughters. xoxo

Street Fam said...

Can we call you Vern from now on? I've hated clowns ever since I saw "IT" too!! They are creepy! What do I do when my kids want to go to the circus?

Libby said...

I still cherish the giant scrapbook that you made me using your mad construction paper skills. I can't believe you made KKK business cards. Also-I came across our Grammar Carols for the Avid Learner the other day. Scary.

Kelly said...

Veronica--

I am soooo sorry about calling you Vern all these years---I had NO idea that you hated it. Please don't put me in the same category as Rainey Kimber--bless her little heart. Loved the facts--not boring at all, rather entertaing really!!

danielleshupe said...

I am convinced you should write a book , or even finish the one you start writing in the second grade . I offer to do the spell check for free!

Jen said...

Okay, so I have black hair-- are children scared of me too?

And no, you do not look like this creepy woman who was executed: http://www.geocities.com/trctl11/judi.html

I love this. Even the dreadlocks in the baggie thing. Jon can vouch for it-- he and Will were apparently shown said dreadlocks.

Anonymous said...

Your a "dead" ringer for that lady!

Camille said...

Vero! I don't know who this "weirdo" thinks she is to call you a "dead" ringer of that pyscho lady... You are a beautiful sister, who is most kind and lovely!
Camille

Camille said...

p.s. She can't even spell, "your?" Hu-llo did she pay attention in class, obviously not!!

Heidi Berry said...

The dog is a touchy subject in our house too. Phil wants one badly, and he has the kids on his side now too. They are all ganging up against me. I feel bad admitting it, ok, I don't feel bad admitting it- I am not an animal lover either. At least not while I have babies.