November 7, 2007

Florida: Part III (A Day At The Beach)

Despite the tropical storm that was blowing through the area the week we were there (forcast before we got there:sunny, forcast the day we left:sunny....just our luck) we decided to trek over to the Gulf of Mexico to take a dip. Sophie had fun eating sand and watching everyone. Lili built sandcastles, collected shells, and had fun being chased up the beach by the waves.

We ended up spending 4ish hours driving there and only 2ish hours on the beach but it was worth it (right, Rich?) AND we decided that we are going to retire to Clearwater, Florida. Doesn't that sound nice?

Us: "Hi, we live in Clearwater, Florida, where we are perma-tan because all we do is go to the beach every day."

I bet we'd get a lot of visitors.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I'll be right down to visit. And I'll be sure to bring some corn chowder and goodies! So glad you guys had a good time! Now back to the real world. Do you have a moving date set yet?

Linds said...

I will come and visit. You say the day and I am there! I am jealous. I love Florida. You guys give your girls such a fun childhood!!
I love it!

BandHGardner said...

I'm there! Except, I'll be a perma-visitor with a perma-tan. Sounds like you had a great time. What a perfect way to spend Halloween!

Holly

Kristen said...

A few people come to mind when you mention retiring to Florida 1)the mom on Beaches, "What are you a camel?!" and 2) Jerry Seinfeild's parents...at least on the show that's where they live. But you put those three people together and you've yourself a happenin' party.

hayleyharts said...

oh veronica! I am so jealous too! Taking kate to see the princesses is one my dreams! (Ezra's says NO WAY!) I am so glad you guys got to go to florida...fun! I loved all the pictures..your girls are SO PRETTY!!

Marcy said...

I'm glad your girls still got to dress up. They looked very cute in their costumes. Florida looked way fun!