December 5, 2007

You're invited....

......on a tour of our new house!! But hey, don't worry if you forgot a house warming gift, it's the thought that counts. And besides, you get a tour of our new house from the comfort of your own computer! Hurray!
.
After what feels like forever we finally got the house fixed up to where we'd like it. And although the brass fixtures are unforgiveable, it is so nice to finally be in our own house (a real house!) and we are already staring to feel at home. The girls love it!! We have very few decorations/furniture. The things we do have are mostly given/borrowed/donated/hand-me-downs from our very generous families. Over time, hopefully, we'll slowly replace those things with nicer, newer things, but for now we couldn't be happier!
.
We've put a lot of work into this house. Here's what it looked like before:


I'm not exaggerating. The previous owners of this home loved this color!!! In their defense, they were a little old couple, and pink is a lovely color, just not for a home.

Ok, so here's the outside of the house. That's trusty 'ol Rich shoveling the driveway for the first time! It was exciting to him for about the first 5 minutes.
.
This is the view when you first walk in.....
.
To the right is our "formal living room" that we've turned into the girls' playroom. A) we don't have any furniture to fill a room like this and B) the basement isn't finished so this is really our only option for a playroom. It does the job. Keep in mind, we haven't put up any/few decorations yet.

Here is the family room/dining nook/kitchen. It's a very open floor plan (which has its pros and cons).

The kitchen. Obviously. (Notice freshly baked muffins on the stove, you can call me Super Wife)

Sophie's room. I love the huge windows. Her bedroom is bright all day long. Luckily she doesn't have a problem napping in well-lit situations (unlike her big sister who has to have the room pitch black to sleep)


Lilia's room. She has a few more decorations then Sophie. This doesn't mean that we love her any more than Sophie. She's just older, and has accumulated more things. Poor Sophie. My lovely sister painted the butterfly picture. Isn't she talented?


And last but not least...the girls bathroom!!

So, I hope you enjoyed the tour! I've left out our bedroom, bathroom, basement (BOR-ING) and a few other things, but I wanted to leave a few rooms a mystery so that you will all have a reason to come and visit some time. Mi casa es tu casa!

P.S. If anyone knows anyone interested in this lovely house in about 2 years, let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice home chica. Was that snow from this morning? I'm disappointed that your bed and bathroom aren't included!
Have a great day......
p.s. we need to get together soon; I hear that there is a breathtaking manger scene in a grove of trees close to your house.

Anonymous said...

the pictures don't do your home justice, you've got to take the walk-through tour to really see how beautiful it is.

Abram Berry said...

Hi it's me Abram. How are you? We love your blog! YOU ARE FUN! Do you love us?

Anonymous said...

You definitely down played this house. It is very cute, and very nice! We got your Christmas card, you did a great job...as always

Chereebee said...

so so so so cute!!! A total pottery barn house - LOVE IT!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful home. Really that is awesome. How nice to finally be in a real home...hehehe...one day.

Anonymous said...

Veronica, Your home is beautiful! Guess what! Kyra has butterflies hanging from her ceiling too! But her room is painted pink. It's her favorite color. Lili's purple is a beautiful color! I love it! I wish the rest of my house were painted! Did you paint the rest of the walls? I love the brown color; I've been looking for the right tone!