From her back she flips over onto her stomach, (Super Fast!!....too fast actually, I had to keep rolling her back over so I could snap a photo)...
Then she scoots backwards till her knees "catch" or "tuck under" (sometimes she keeps scooting back and back, knees not cooperating, till she hits a wall or something, very frustrating....)
Then she hoists her little 18 pound body up until.....
Voila! She is sitting up! She's gotten quite good at it over the weekend. Several times we'll go into her room to find her sitting up in bed with a mischievous smirk on her face.

Note: That face she is making in this last picture....the "pooched lips" face as we like to call it....that means she's mad..."how could you let me run into the wall and just sit there snapping pictures with your camera...@*!" is what she's thinking...
.
Well we are all very excited about this new accomplishment. Her physical therapist will be pleased!
.
P.S. Have you gotten sick of the same background in ALL my pictures yet? Me too. It's the best lighting in the house, what can you do? I can't wait for Spring to come to go take some photos outside!!
10 comments:
Isn't it funny how people express their feelings in ways that are a little different? Like Sophie's mad kisser lips, or the frown smile of you know who?
I LOVE that you captured that last face. I have pictures of my kids doing things like that too and it is AMAZING the amount of memories a face like that can bring up inside of my head!
TOO CUTE... Way to go Sophie!
Congratulations Sophie, we are so proud of you! I knew you had it in you!
Vern, do you look at all my pictures on my blog that are taken with my handy dandy phone with the nice yellow tinge and you just cringe??
Maybe I should take a class from you!
Yeah!! We are so proud of you Sophie!! I LOVE the smoochy face lips!! We should pay her at least $5 for being such a doll face!!
I love the effort Sophie is putting in to rolling over, (you can tell because her tongue is sticking out in one of the pictures). So cute!
Yeah Sophie!!! We are cheering you on from afar.
oh she is too dang cute!! That last picture is my favorite!!!!
Good job Soph!
Seriously vern, your girls are so cute, I love Sophie's, "pooched lip" look. to answer your question, my camera is the Cannon xti. I love it, although I don't know how to work all the bells and whistles yet!
Wow, if that's how cute she is when she's mad...bring it on! She's adorable!
Go Sophie! Go! She's so freaking adorable!
Post a Comment