I really liked our Costa Rica stop. We pulled into Limon, Costa Rica, which was really kind of a scary and dangerous town. I was glad to be riding through town in our cushy tour bus, and not walking through the streets. It was rough and we definitely would have stood out in the crowd. I was surprised, and saddened, by the poverty of the area we were in. There were the saddest looking shanty houses, barely being held together. So sad. But overall, Costa Rica was beautiful. Rolling green hills, banana plantations everywhere, lush jungle areas, beautiful beaches. We went on a jungle river boat ride and saw plenty of sloths (two AND three toed), howler monkeys (who apparently throw their poo when they are mad), some iguanas, and cute little Costa Rican children. We also took a "hike" through the jungle that follows along a beautiful beach.
Here are some more photos....
Me....On the river tour (hmm...fancy that, this ones for you Amy)....notice "designer" sunglasses (wink, wink).
Ha! Another one of me (yes I realize that I look like a moron wearing pants -long story- but it had a little something to do with short stubby legs, shorts, and tennis shoes).

Rich the little jungle boy
Rich checking out the monkeys in their natural habitat (Watch out for flying poo!!).
6 comments:
Hooray for a fun trip without children. I am so JEALOUS. Anywhere with a beach is my kind of trip. And the cruise food..I could go off about that forever. I too have been on a Carribean cruise but it was in 1994..so too long ago. I would love to go again. Glad to know that you didn't get hit by any flying poop!
I am also VERY jealous, but the sunshine outside today is helping a little with my envy. I love the pictures- how fun for you two to have a romantic getaway. We are hoping to go on a cruise next April with Phil's family! Glad you are back and now we really need to get together.
WOW, my brother Brad went on his mission to Costa Rica. Don't know why I want to share that. Beautiful pictures. How the reality check (aka, being a mother again, looking out the window and seeing snow, ect) treating ya?
hello beautiful!! So glad you are home...
You look so cute...you bahama momma. You have inspired me and I talked Mark into going to Cancun yeah!
Fun times. I'm a little bummed that Costa Rica was scary. I've heard it's a fun/beautiful place to vacation. Shady Spanish teacher-she must have been plotting against my very existence.
Post a Comment