February 25, 2008

I Heart Cruisin'

{Sigh}

Well....we're back.

We just returned from an 8 day cruise of the Western Caribean with Rich's dad's engineering office. (minus our two darling daughters, all thanks to my WONDERFUL mother!!!) It was our first cruise experience and we LOVED it. We met the coolest people, ate tons of yummy food (ooooh.....soft serve ice cream 24 hours a day...diet started on the airplane ride home), saw some really great places, went to shows every night, and got uber tan. In fact...I'm kind of in a post-cruise funk right now. To go from 90 degree weather to snow....well, it's pretty depressing.

I figured I'd try some blog therapy to cheer me up a bit and share some of our experiences.

The first stop on the cruise was Cozumel, Mexico. We spent our day lounging on an empty white sand beach, eating authentic Mexican food, scopin' out crocs in their natural habitat, and buying "designer" sunglasses for 10 dollars. (I love Mexico!!)

Our beach. No one around. Nice!!
.

There were tons of conch shells on the shore and buildings that got hammered in recent hurricanes.

This 'aint no zoo baby! This little guy was hanging out right next to our beach in some swampy areas. I was grateful for the fence.

Love is in the air....

More posts to come....later....right now I've got to get back to reality. Next up: Costa Rica

7 comments:

vanessa said...

Yay! That sounds like fun, and I am super jealous.

Kristen said...

WOW, I'm jealous. Rob and I plan on doing a cruise for our 10 year anniversary. Only 3 1/2 years left!

Amy said...

How fun. No pressure but if there are not pictures of YOU on your next stops I am going....well something serious.

Sarah said...

Siiiiigh...how wonderful. Oh how I wish I was there. I'm glad you got to go sounds like a blast!

The Waisath's said...

Can you say JEALOUS!!--I guess we're all jealous. I'm glad you got the enjoy the beach (for me)....can't wait to hear more!

Jill T said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see more pictures! We need warm weather so I'll live vicariously through you! Sounds like a great trip.

Libby said...

Did you make any other sweet Mexican purchases? And why didn't you get your hair braided?! Just kidding.