One of those little boys just happens to be my cute hubby Rich.
So.....Happiest Birthday EVER to my sweet little leprechaun...who, in my opinion, kind of looked like a little leprechaun when he was born. Today he leaves his 20s and charters into the unknown territory of the 30s!!! I can't believe it!!
So, in celebration of this milestone birthday I present to you....
30 lesser known/unknown facts about the birthday boy:
1. Well I guess I'll just start out by saying that Rich is a wonderful husband, so sweet, thoughtful, supportive. I feel really blessed to be his wife. Also, he is the BEST dad EVER!!!! No exaggeration....he is sooooo patient with the girls. He adores them and would do anything for them. They both have a very sweet relationship with him and they are so lucky to have him as their dad.
2. His favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. Green....hmmmm....coincidince?
3. Throughout his lifetime his hair has been blue, florescent orange, red, white, rather long, and he had dreadlocks.
4. At one point he had 3 ear piercings.
5. He is a sucker for cheesy high school themed movies. Some of his favorites: Can't Buy Me Love, She's All That, or any other movie with the basic high school plot (you know the ones, the cool guy gets dared to date the nerd then ends up falling for her).
6. He once took a blow up doll to a high school dance.
7. He likes writing poetry...and is really good at it!
8. He interned at the Supreme Court for a summer and took a picture sitting in the Chief Justices' chair (a big no no).
9. He started a white boy gang when he was in 3rd grade called "The Vandals".
10. He "claims" to have started the trend of wearing khaki pants.
11. He has been arrested and handcuffed twice.
12. He's been in two serious roll-over accidents.
13. He knows the most RANDOM facts about everything. I have no idea where he comes up with some of the stuff he knows. He's like a walking Trivial Pursuit.
14. He served his mission in the Ukraine and speaks Russian.
15. Some guy in the Ukraine told him that holding in his "toots" would cause him to have cancer....and I hear that excuse every time I get mad at him for "tooting".
16. He is an attorney by day, and "Max" the dog by night (Lili's imaginary dog).
17. His first kiss was in 8th grade while playing "Spin the Spoon" (no bottles available).
18. His nickname through his school years was "Reefer" (Reeve, get it?) and some people probably still don't know his real name.
19. He is a master of pretending he knows what he is talking about. For example...He rarely watches sports but can carry on intelligent sports-themed conversations around the water cooler. Same thing with politics, current events, and even the Hollywood scene. Again...the random facts.
20. He really doesn't FISH, HUNT, GOLF, or ATTEND SPORTING EVENTS. Hooray for me!!
21. He had a job selling armored cars to Russian mafia members.
22. He was the personal assistant to Sergei Bubka (IOC member/world record holder in the pole vault) during the SLC 2002 Olympics.
23. He really likes wiener dogs (dachshunds), and has a scar on his upper lip from when his own wiener dog bit him. He would have a whole pack of them if I would let him.
24. He gets canker sores like nobody's business. Poor boy.
25. He doesn't like movies with sad endings. He likes sappy country music that talks about dads and their little girls. He'll watch chick flicks with me. He is a great shopping partner.
26. He drove a '69 Camero in high school that he rebuilt himself.
27. He never got lower then a B in all 7 years of college and was ranked 11th out of his class of 270 in law school. What a smartie pants!
28. He was offered an "Operations Officer" (spy!) job with the CIA right before law school but instead decided on the more family friendly route.
29. He is fascinated with anything that has to do with WWII.
30. and lastly....he has broken both wrists (at the same time), his elbow, shoulder, various fingers and toes, and has had a bruised rib.
.
Well, there you go. I hope you all feel like you know Rich a little bit better now. I hope I didn't embarrass him too much. Happy Birthday Rich!
8 comments:
Hey Vern, that was cute. I should do this for Jay's B-day. I especially loved how he took a blow-up doll to a school dance..hilarious. And CIA..wow that is pretty cool, and the fact that he passed that up, even cooler. Thanks for sharing some fun facts, I always love stuff like that.
Happy birthday Rich....I have some mint chocolate cookies for you. I wish I had a bigger present to give you, but you have already given the best present to us, in fact reading bullet point #5 really explains a lot. I don't think I need to explain any more than, we were worried about Veronica for a while...
happy bday rich! hope you have a super day.
just want to clarify though #20 is not quite true. rich went illegally fishing with us, and we got caught, remember?
hope to see you on saturday at the easter celebration.
Leslie
Happy Birthday to you--OLD Man! Looks like Rich joined the ranks with Zak! Good think they have hot young wifes to keep them feeling young!
So fun to read those little know facts about "Reefer". I'm sure you have a crafty birthday prepared for him!
Veronica-I hope you have fun time celebrating Rich's birthdays. Hey will you let me know where you got your blog turned into a book at. Thanks! Fun st.george trip I can't believe how warm it is!
Wow the big 3-0. That age is starting to seem young. . crazy about the arrests...but then again.."vandals" what would a mother expect. You are a very lucky gal vernee.
Ah, the big 3-0! Welcome to the thirties Rich!
Post a Comment