
What a wonderful Easter weekend!!
We had a Easter party with my family on Saturday and dyed eggs that night. Lili seemed really excited about the Easter bunny coming and she kept saying she wanted him to peak in her bedroom to say hello to her when he came. As the night went on, however, we could tell she was getting nervous about the whole bunny idea. She was asking questions like, "Will the Easter bunny eat us?", "I like the Easter bunny, does he like me?", "Is the Easter bunny big? Will he break our house?" Then when it was time for bed she started crying, saying, "I don't want to hear thump, thump, thump!" and she wanted us to lock her door so the bunny couldn't come in. She was so scared she wouldn't get out of bed for fear of coming face to face with a furry bunny monster (and as a result I was changing sheets in the middle of the night, lovely). She was awake all night, apparently terrified, which made for a really great Sunday (note sarcasm). Sunday morning we awoke to find the carrot we left out had several nibbles out of it (Ha! Proof that the Easter bunny does exist!) and the Easter bunny had hid our eggs and an Easter basket for the gals. It was so fun! That night we had a great dinner and egg hunt with Rich's family.
It was a great weekend, we have way more candy then a human could/should possibly consume, it was great to spend time with family, and HOPEFULLY Lili won't be waking up with nightmares about soft, fluffy bunnies, who hide eggs and bring you candy....because I REALLY can't think of anything scarier than that.
1 comment:
OK, sorry to laugh but that Easter Bunny thing is a bit hilarious. I do agree though that the bunny is scary..Big eyes and ears, and to me a lot scarier than Santa. So needless to say we didn't talk much about the easter bunny with Kennedy. It looks like you guys had a great time though and that's all that matters. And Im totally with you on the pictures..I can never get a good one of my girls together it really seems impossible and mind you I'm just a point and shooter!! Oh well maybe when they're a little older it will get better.
Post a Comment