Wow.
I read back to the entries right before the death of her daughter. Everything was normal. There were beautiful pictures of the mother and daughter watching the clouds, playing dress up, etc... And then you read the entry retelling that tragic day. It is so sad.
One entry she wrote after the death of her daughter lists some of her regrets....here are some quotes from that entry...
- What I do regret though is not just taking more time.
- One of my first entries on this blog is about wanting a proper tea party with her. I never did it. I have no idea why but I never did. I guess I thought I had time.
- I regret not letting her wear whatever she wanted every single day - why did I think it mattered?
Luckily, I know that this woman can be with her little girl again one day. I don't know what I would do without that knowledge. If I weren't aware the plan for us, I don't know how I would have been able to cope if I were in a similar situation.
And so, this blog (and some of the talks from conference this weekend) have inspired me. To firstly, do those things with my girls that I have put off till a more "convenient" time. I don't want any regrets. Also, to be extra aware of the dangers of hot cars. It's a reality, and although we think it would never happen to our child, you just never know. I love my girls so much. I'm so grateful for the little things and every day that I have to be with them.



9 comments:
cute pictures
OK, today is my first day back at work and I read this entry. I am sitting here in my office...bawling. I know I will never look back and say "I wish I would have worked more...WOW" You have inspired me. I think conference weekend was just what a young mom needed! You are a great mom and Lili is darling!
Conference WAS great, wasn't it? Isn't it horrible how we have to learn such lessons from other people's tragedies?
The pictures are beautiful.
Okay, I am in tears now too. I don't want any regrets either. It is always good to have a reminder not to take our kids and lives for granted.
Well said sista. I think great minds think like or we had a similar weekend. I posted almost the same thing today.
I loved this post! How tragic and sad. That honestly made me tear up. I don't want regrets...I need to give my kids more of my time...siiiigh....yep things need to change.
Would you mind sharing the blog link?
I'd love to read and see her pictures. I love everyone's photography. I never knew everyone had such talent.
Lindsay
beautiful post.
Hey!
I love your website and your blog looks awesome!Those pics you took for your class are really good!!! Your entry is really inspiring. What was the blog you read?
Post a Comment