April 23, 2008

Primary Talk

Lili gave her first talk in church on Sunday. Well...me AND Lili gave her first talk in church on Sunday. I wrote the talk for her, we practiced and practiced, but when we got up to talk, she was like a deer caught in the headlights. So I ended up giving the first part of the talk. She eventually warmed up and her little soft voice got louder and louder. By the end of it, she was doing great. Too bad it was only a 1 minute talk. I have to admit though, she is a better public speaker then me. I forgot to include the typical ice-breaker joke/comment at the beginning of the talk, so she took the initiative and threw it in.

"Mommy! I have to go potty!" into the microphone, right at the beginning of the talk. All the primary children had a good laugh. She's got the right idea. :)

8 comments:

Libby said...

So did she get her potty break pre or post talk?

Anonymous said...

Love the new header! I guess those creative juices are flowing stronger than ever! The side bar pictures are darling too! Lili looks like she is skipping rope or something! Whatever she's doing, it looks like fun!

The StaceNeedle said...

that is SO cute! everyone needs to go potty right before giving a talk. I always do. I gave a talk on Sunday...I wish I would have had someone whispering it in my ear, but I feel like the visiting stake pres. wouldn't have appreciated that.

Linds said...

Those were the days when talks were easy. You just stand there and someone gives you the words! A few years ago when I was a primary teacher, one of the moms was helping her little girl and she loudly proclaimed in the microphone "Mommy, your breath stinks so bad. Stop talking to me!"

Jill T said...

I love 1st talk experiences. That is too funny! I'm glad she didn't disappoint!:)

hayleyharts said...

that is so cute! ok so I love love love the new header..that is one of my top favorite of all the blogs I have seen out there...you are really good veronica...you need to help me with mine! oh only if we lived by each other..

Kristen said...

Isn't primary so entertaining. I love being in there each week. Abby struggles when she gives talks too. She won't talk out loud, she just whispers and mummbles. I get kind of annoyed, I'll be honest. At least my breath doesn't stink though:)

Chereebee said...

what a little cutie!!! I can't believe she is big enough to be giving talks in primary!! :)
Love your new header!