April 15, 2008

Tulip Festival

Yesterday the girls and I headed down to Thanksgiving Point to see the lovely tulips. Unfortunately, since it was a cold spring, the tulips aren't out yet. BUT! We still had a great time with Rich's mom and sister Melanie and her two little boys who are the same age as the girls. I enjoyed all the picture taking eye candy, but Lili didn't seem to be in the mood to take pictures and every time I tried to take a picture of Melanie's youngest, something horrible would happen (he fell face first into the dirt one time and on the cement the next time). Poor little guy left with a fat lip, swollen nose, and bloody face.

Photobucket

This is the best I can get. I CAN NOT get a good picture of these little gals together. It's a bad picture, I know, look at Sophie's tortured face. It's so frustrating!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm not kidding when I say Sophie's hair is fluffy. Anyone have some tips for doing fluffy hair?

Photobucket
I think in this picture Lili is pouting because she didn't want her picture taken. I thought it turned out kind of cute anyway. Ha!

8 comments:

Libby said...

I love the last picture. Poor little girl with the most well documented life of all. Trust me, she'll really appreciate your talent and efforts in a few years.

Jennie said...

Darling pics! Sorry, no advice on fluffy hair- curly hair I could help you with :) We are headed to the tulip festival next Thursday, so thanks for the heads up on the no tulip factor. Oh, and yes it WAS Rainy Kimber who so kindly threw a softball at my face as hard as she could- I'm impressed you remembered that!!

Sarah said...

I love the pictures! Especially the last one. So stinkin cute!

Camille said...

Your girls look darling...like always. Vaseline spread over Soph's hair will most certainly keep it on the down-low, and will give it a nice shine.

Anonymous said...

It's true, Lili will really appreciate all the pictures down the road. I feel bad that I haven't snapped as many of Kate as I did with Kyra. Life is just busier! But, even when I do try, Kate tends to be quite a bit more camera shy than Kyra. Maybe it's a second child thing...
You may already do this, so it may be of no help, but when I wash Kate's hair I add a dab conditioner to her sudsy hair--this not only helps it rinse out much faster, but it helps with the poofs. most of the time!
Jealous that your kids could go bare legged! It snowed two inches last night here! This is getting ridiculous!

Nicole said...

I feel your pain on not being able to get a good pic of your girls together! I try so hard to get a good shot of JB and Gage and it NEVER happens, either Gage is crying because JB is whoppin' on him or their both looking at something else! oh well, as long as we try huh?

The Waisath's said...

This reminded me that last year we went to a Sunflower festival (people rave about it and I was soo excited) and they had to import the Sunflowers because a drought killed all the sunflowers. Sounds like a similar thing there--what a bummer :(--But at least you got some adorable pictures!

kendra said...

Ah, Mom!!! Pictures again?! Ha Ha - I know because I've caught the photo bug and my kids are the same way. Sadly, I don't have the talent to make all their misery worth it but at least you do! You could try baby lotion mixed with a little gel for Sophie's hair. It will at least make the clip stay in better - *whisper* that's what I tell all my hair clients but I've never had my own little girl to try it on so let me know if it works!!