May 6, 2008

16 Months

Photobucket

Sophie turned 16 months on Cinco de Mayo. Here are some of her 16 month stats....

Teeth? 6. Two on bottom, 4 on top (they all came at once)

Walking? Nope. However, she walks along furniture and can walk holding on to one hand. Very Frankensteinish. Oh so cute.

Stairs? Tries. She hauls on over to the stairs, turns, and starts shimmying down as fast as her chubby legs can take her but is usually scooped up by me (or being held in place by Lili-screaming in fear at the top of her lungs "SOPHIE IS GOING DOWN STAIRS!!!")

Crawling? Ooooh yeah. Super fast. Although she gets a little frustrated crawling in dresses or outside on the cement/grass.

Eating? LIKE A 300 LB MAN! She can out eat most of the members of our family. Where does it all go? (I'll tell you where it goes....poopy diaper after diaper after diaper....)

Words? Not many. Lili, mama, uh oh, milk (in french) and woofs like a dog. She sure can get her point across though. She points very specifically at what she wants and can give a vigorous yes or no head shake.

Likes? Pulling Lili's hair as hard as she can, being pushed around in Lili's little pink car, marshmallows, peaches, climbing IN the girls' doll house and reeking havoc, being outside, going on walks, wrestling with her papa, and swinging in swings.

Dislikes? Grass, other babies, Lili getting too close for comfort, and being told "no".

She's a tiny little person with a whole lot of personality. We love our Sophie soooo much. Lili is a wonderful big sister to her, and just recently they have started to really play with each other....happily! Sophie is finally starting to see some of the benefits of Lili picking her up and hauling her around. Why walk when you can get hauled around everywhere? She's one smart cookie. And lastly, every night when I put Sophie to bed she makes sure to pull her little hand out of her blanket and, with a huge smile on her face, she waves goodbye to me. It gets me every time. She's such a sweet girl.


Photobucket

Attempting to crawl in both a dress and on ouchy cement. It's tricky.
Photobucket
Windy day? Nope. Lili practicing her hair styling techniques? Yep.
Photobucket
Being hauled by Lilia. A frequent occurance.

10 comments:

Bree said...

That is so sweet! Sophie is so adorable. I love all the milestones babies make..it is so fun! What a fun post.

Street Fam said...

I love the pictures and her hair! What a sweet little girl.

Betsy said...

This last picture makes your girls look a lot alike! I love the hair do. Sophie's hair is really growing fast. What a cutie!

Sarah said...

Cute pictures. She has such pretty eyes. Both of your girls do.

Jill T said...

Such a sweet girl. They both are! I love how Lili is protective and helpful to her sister. Very cute.

Libby said...

Lili may need a back brace to haul that lil' load. You should look into that! Also-get her name in at Stacey's Beauty School. Maybe they have a pre-schooler program.

Emily said...

I cannot believe Lili can pick her up! I've never thought of having Jack tote Charlie around...might be a help!

Marcy said...

It's been way too long since I've seen your kids (or you for that matter). Glad little Soph is making progress. It won't be long before she's taking off on her own - if Lili will let her

Heidi Berry said...

I'm so glad they have each other. Sisters are the best. I love the picture of her crawling on the cement.

vanessa said...

Veronica- I love all the pictures. She is a doll, and what fun hair.