It went all too fast.
Actually, my brain is so full right now I don't know if I could have fit anything else in it....so it's probably a good thing that I'm home.
I'm ready to take my photography business to the next level. With what I learned this week I have all the information I need to know to do this right. I'm so glad I did this when I was only one year into my business. Boy have I been doing everything all wrong!!
All the photographers I met at Learnfest were so wonderful. Although in so many different stages of their business, everyone was willing to share information, ideas, and advice. Nights were spent staying up late chatting and laughing, days were spent learning from four of the most talented, successful, childrens' photographers in the country....Lena Hyde, Audrey Woulard (woo hoo!), Tamara Lackey, and Laura Novak. Evenings were spent meeting people from all over North America.
The island was beautiful, everything was perfect....except for the scorpions, roaches, alligators, and tropical storm that cut the workshop by one day. Audrey Woulard, my photography idol, was everything I imagined her to be. Laid back, hilarious, so so talented, very approachable, and not at all afraid to tell us everything she knows. I had many opportunities to talk to her one on one, ate lunch next to her one day and picked her brain, and hey, she has even since invited me to be her friend on facebook (one of four, I must add, tee hee). BFFs. :) Anyways, I probably sound like a photo nerd right now, but hey, I'm excited.
Be looking for LOTS of changes with my business and photography skills (hopefully). Upward and onward.


{the paparrazi}

{view from the house I stayed in}
13 comments:
vern, I am so glad you had a fabulous time. That is so great that you were able to learn so much in such a short period of time. I think you are amazing already so I can't even imagine how great you will be when you add your new skills to the mix. I'm glad you were able to go! I love all those pics too..they are FAB!!!
Vero, why did you come home? I would have just hunkered down and refuse...No way I would I be here. Nuh-uh. Hey next time you see Audrey, tell her Cam says "what's up?"
Wow! It sounds like you had an incredible time! I am so glad you got to have this experience and meet your "idol". It looks like it was an amazingly beautiful place!
If YOU need to improve there is definitely no hope for the rest of us wana-be photographers!! Ha Ha Your pictures look awesome. Good luck upward and onward...
Can I just say how jealous I am right now? What an amazing opportunity! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos. And as far as taking your business to the next level - I hope that means what I think it means! ;) LOL
Yea, I am so glad you had the opportunity to go! I can't imagine just chillin with a sandwich and shootin the breeze with you idol. Amazing.
I can't wait to hear and see all the new and exciting things festering in your brain.
I especially can't wait to see the fifties inspired family shoot. I am so jealous!
I can't wait to see the changes, because everything you do is already so good!
Yay Vern! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure it was so great. Thanks for the run down, I can't wait to see your stuff. I will say that what you do already is so great, but if you must improve, I won't stop you. Not even to come to seattle...
What an incredible opportunity. I love your stuff already, so I can only imagine where your photography can go when you implement all the stuff you learned. Hope things are well with you!
Hurray! Your trip sounds great. I'm so glad. But lady-you deserved it. You've been working your tail off this last year. I'm soooo proud of you.
JEALOUS MUCH!
Can't wait to see how much MORE amazing you get after this weekend. {like you NEED to be any better!}
Well, I certainly don't have time to even take snapshots these days, so I guess I'll just have to drive down to get YOU to photograph my kids! I am in need of someone talented! Suzy is 6 weeks old already, and I still haven't gotten her portrait taken--or Kyra and Kate for that matter! My kids are going to hate me for not journaling their childhood!
I'm glad you had fun. I would love to visit the southeast again. Aren't the beaches just beautiful!?
I can't wait to see what you do with your business.
How fun. I am excite to see your new ideas but don't forget where you came from home fry.
Heard you were in my hood last weekend. Next time stop in and say hello.
Post a Comment