Hooray! The first snow of the year! Utah has finally gotten some snow. Not much, but enough to make it feel a little bit more like December instead of October. Listening to Christmas music, putting up decorations, and buying Christmas presents is just plain wrong in warm weather (unless you live in San Diego and you have perfect weather year round, then who cares).
So we took advantage. After a hour of bundling, searching for gloves, pulling on boots, and strapping on coats we were finally able to teeter around in the freshly fallen snow. There was a lot of snow-eating, some snow angels were made, and a lot of snowballs were thrown. Sophie was a bit suspicious of the white stuff but after seeing her sister devouring the snow like a starving child she decided to join in. When we were finally unable to feel our fingers we headed inside for cocoa and wafers. The perfect snowy morning. Papa, we wish you were here.
I must add that the darling gloves and mittens that my girls are wearing are courtesy of my very talented friend Libby. Her ability to create lovely things is inspiring and I'm honored that my girls were able to be the recipients of her beautiful creations. I think she should start an Etsy shop....don't you?



After a busy year of taking pictures for other people, I am very much enjoying this month off, and starting to fall in love with photography all over again.
8 comments:
LOVE the pictures! Why wasn't I invited to this?
I can't believe I'm going to write this...but I want MORE snow!
These are the most darling photos I have seen. I think I need to stop looking at your blog because he makes me feel like such a slacker, bad mother. I have nothing to highlight daily activities!!
These really are magazine worthy!
What cute pics... I love that it is snowing in Utah...I wish the snow in Iowa was like the snow in Utah! Not to mention the fact that you can only stay out about 2 min. here before you are frozen. Build a snowman for us!
Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad they turned out so cute. Also-I love Sophie's new coat. Did you make those marshmallows? They were darling.
Beautiful pictures V! Not that I am surprised =0). I thought it was funny because I actually just made a hat like that for Liv.... only mine isn't nearly as cute =0). Great Job Libby! Playing in the snow is SO MUCH FUN!!
I LOVE your blog. I should have known it would be full of beautiful pictures. But I didn't know you'd be so entertaining! You're really good at writing. I can't stop reading, but I better or I'll become one of those "creepy" people you refer to in the next post. :)
A-DOR-ABLE!
Post a Comment